Anker Hostel

• mkpayne181482
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Nov 2018
6.3

My main complaint was that I had to pay 7 euros for sheets and a towel, which is more than I've had to pay at any other hostel. There was no common kitchen, just tiny ones in the rooms that you have to share with your roommates. Location was okay, I found the neighborhood to be a little sketchy at night. Otherwise I had an okay stay.

• ElliePunnett
  • USA, Female, 18-24
10th Nov 2018
7.4

The Anker Hostel was in a great location, close to the central station and many sights. Unfortunately, the room I stayed in had very few outlets that everyone had to take turns with, no personal bed lights, and no lockers so I had to store my stuff under my bed. Also, even though it was nice to have a bathroom in our room it was clear that it doesn't get cleaned often. There was black mold in the corner of the shower and it always smelled like dirty.

• manonfargelat2835
  • France, Female, 25-30
2nd Nov 2018
6.3

Not so young people and not very friendly places. Staff is nice and patient. too bad that we need to pay to rent sheets and towels. No kitchen for everyone, even coffee or tea you need to pay...

• lachlanm8355
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
1st Nov 2018
4.3

The staff are super friendly and helpful here, but unfortunately I felt this hostel lacked a vibe. There is no bar or common area to meet other people, and the location is also in a slightly rougher neighbourhood. Apart front that the rooms were clean and it is still within a close walk to the city centre.

• teresalvesmc1960
  • Portugal, Female, 18-24
31st Oct 2018

Very close to the center and nice to walk arround - ~12min walk to the central station. The room had a kitchen. Bed linnen was payed which made it a bit expensive, but still worth it.

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Oct 2018

Great location. Perfectly central. Felt comfortable with all other guests staying in my dorm. Good atmosphere. When I was checking in, and paying cash on door I was over charged by more than double what I was expecting. I went up to my dorm and checked my e-mail receipt there and went back down to question it. They gave me back the cash no issues and without even looking at my receipt.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
30th Oct 2018
3.4

The Hostel is very close to the city centre but the area is gross, I wouldn't recommend walking there alone at night. However, the rooms are too small and dirty, especially the bathroom. You have to pay for kitchen utilities and there are no lockers in the room. The bathroom is way too small and the kitchen is in the room so all your stuff smells like what is being prepared in the kitchen. Staff was very unfriendly and not helpful at all. If you're going to Oslo, avoid this Hostel!

28th Oct 2018
6.6

Decent enough hostel not too far a walk from bus & train station or city centre. Staff were polite enough and helpful. Rooms were large but very basic, however kitchen in the bedroom wasn't great as utensils had to be rented and roommates cooking food was smelly and disruptive

• hillarysusanto8746
  • Indonesia, Female, 18-24
25th Oct 2018

Good place. Kitchen is in the room. Room was so big. Perfect for solo travellers. They don't provide towels and bed linens but you can rent it if you want.

• alberto28026982
  • Dominican Republic, Male, 25-30
24th Oct 2018
5.4

I paid for a double bedroom private room, when i got there this boring lady gave us a 8 bed room, and when i asked her she told me “if you are alone in the room that means its private”. It is insane what they charge you for bed linen and towel. Defined will not repeat or recommend never. 10 minutes walk from central station, 20-25 from almost all attractions.

×