Anker Hostel

Very Good 5314 Total Reviews

• aliyahbaerg7205
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Feb 2018

Nice hostel, did what it needed for the price. However be prepared to spend an extra 50 krone on bed linens. Seems strange that they don’t just raise the booking price... also the kitchen loan situation was strange, depositing 100 krone seems like a lot, but it was nice to have a kitchenette in the room. Only thing lacking was lockers on the rooms. You could use a tiny one downstairs but it wasn’t very convienient or big enough to store bags. Overall clean, nice hostel, for a decent price

• faithdavis09063
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2018

Michael who works reception in the evenings in the coolest most amazing person I have ever met. He made my whole trip and was indeed my biggest Highlight. John from security is just as amazing! Both men will always have a very special place in my heart. Absolutely would stay here again just for these guys and their service!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
8th Feb 2018
7.7

My stay at Anker Hostel was pleasant. The hostel is walking distance from Sentralstasjon and is also accessible by public transit such as the trams and busses. Unlike at many other hostels, I was able to check-in hours before the advertised time because the room was ready. This flexibility was something I appreciated. The rooms and beds were also great. I did think it was a bit odd that you must rent linen, where at most hostels it is supplied. The prices were also higher than average.

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
5th Feb 2018
5.1

It's the 1st hostel that I stay I need to pay for bedsheets and towel. Also dislike the fact that you need to borrow the kitchenware from the reception with two hands full walking through many doors that need to be opened 2 hands. Worst part is you can only borrow it for three hours. So if you need it for dinner and breakfast. It is a hassle. You even need to put diposet to borrow it. When I already have deposit for locks I need to put 100 more. It is 200 kr deposit to use basic stuff. dislike.

• clavijodomenica4611
  • Ecuador, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Feb 2018
5.4

The elevator didn't work. We had to go up 4 flights of stairs with our suitcases and every time we wanted to rent kitchen utensils. The kitchen in the room wasn't equipped and you had to go down to reception and rent them for three hours. If you went past the three hours you lost your ten euro deposit. Also, when we arrived we got asked of we wanted to rent linen. We said no and later a man came up with a sign saying we would get feed if we didn't rent them. So if it's mandatory why do they ask?

• Ukraine, Female, 25-30
31st Jan 2018

My stay was great. I came like 5 hours before the check in time, but the receptionist let me check in and I could rest after a night train from Trondheim. Very nice of her. The hostels is very cosy and spacious, location is also great for those travelling by bus or train. It is also rather close to the city attractions.

31st Jan 2018

To be a 5-star hostel, this hostel should have a common kitchen and improve shower, rather than that, I'd say, this is a great place to stay.

27th Jan 2018

Decent place. Pretty pricey for a hostel. Then again.....its Oslo, and everything is a bit more pricey

• dbaird1472
  • USA, Male, 18-24
27th Jan 2018

Very friendly and kind staff! The facilities in the rooms are very nice and very clean. A nice cheap stay in Oslo and just a 10 minute walk from the city center!

• eagerjulia4322
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
25th Jan 2018

Great hostel for a good price! A good walk from the center of the city but it wasn’t that bad and it’s easy to hop on the tram.

×