Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card ???? Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
The following group types are not accepted by this hostel: Holiday with Friends, Junior / Primary School, High / Secondary School, College / University, Business Trip, Stag/Hen/Bachelor Party, Sports Group, Cultural Group If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel."
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Connected to the bedrooms via wooden deck is the main living area and kitchen, ensuring that all the main areas in the camp are on one level. Inside the main building a large, fully equipped kitchen allows guests to prepare their favourite meals. The kitchen is connected through to the rest of the building creating the impression that it is separated off but at the same time you are still part of the rest of your group. The large dining area, with a stone-clad fireplace and leadwood trees give a great ambience to an evening setting. Inside the lounge area, beautifully crafted pallet furniture and a curiosity table with various artefacts from the surrounding bush add character to a room dominated by an antique grandfather clock, open rafters and beautiful lights.
Off the lounge are two decks with a view over the waterhole. One is set up for an extra dining area and with steps leading down to the open boma area lends itself to preparing your meals on an open braai. The other deck looks over the small swimming pool and across the reserve to Grietjie Berg which is the most prominent geological feature on the reserve.
The busy waterhole is enhanced by the Umgede underground hide where guests can sit comfortably for hours watching and photographing the continuous stream of wildlife coming to drink, whether it is lions or small birds and butterflies. The hide caters for all your needs, equipped with electricity charging points (2-pin, 3-pin and USB), Wi-Fi signal, a fridge, tea and coffee facilities as well as a long sofa and library. The hide is easily accessed from the camp without the need to leave the safety of the electrified fencing that surrounds the camp.
The camp is located 30kms south of Phalaborwa on the Grietjie section of the Balule Nature Reserve. The reserve is home to all of the big 5 and a wide variety of general game. The reserve also boasts a list of over 300 bird species. The waterhole attracts a wide variety of animals on a daily basis, including large herds of elephant and frequent lion visits. This location makes for an ideal stopover before entering the Kruger National Park via the Phalaborwa gate.
Antares offers you the exclusive use of these facilities at R18000/night excluding the R10/person/day conservation fee which is payable in cash on arrival. There is a minimum 2 night stay but we are sure that you will want more than that if you want to maximise your opportunities at the hide. The rate is for the entire camp and includes one guided activity/day. We can also offer additional game drives and walks on the reserve and these will cost R350/person. We are running an opening special until the end of March 2021 at R3500/night for 2 people, R7000 for 4 people and a pro-rat rate for 5-8 people. View House Rules
- Free Parking
- Free WiFi
- Linen Included
- Towels Included
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast Not Included
- Follows Covid-19 sanitation guidance
- Hair Dryers
- Hot Showers
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Safe Deposit Box
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Laundry Facilities
- Reception (limited hours)
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
Please enter the password for the account <% email %>