Ashfield Hostel

Fabulous 7007 Total Reviews

• halliejofrench5610
  • USA, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2018

The staff were all really great and helped me get my bearings in a new city and a new country. The building is a little old but I felt very safe and comfortable during my stay. It's not the fanciest but it is in a great location, it gets the job done, and has a super helpful staff. I would definitely stay again.

• kwokyeeli2525
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
7th Jul 2018
5.4

We booked a double for one night and thank goodness it was only one night. The lift wobbled the whole way to our third floor room which was scary enough but when we entered the room, the whole room was on a slant! We thought it felt strange walking in but as soon as we wheeled our bags in, they started rolling down one side of the room! In addition the window barely opened making the room stifling and because it’s in the temple bar area, loud!!!! Staff nice great location but room was appalling.

4th Jul 2018
5.4

My friend and I stayed in a room with 16 other people, but the bathroom accommodations were not great. The showers were very small with little room to change, and there were only two toilets and three showers to accommodate all of those people. The room was also extremely hot with no airflow.

• reinharm
  • USA, Male, 18-24
3rd Jul 2018

Super super friendly staff that really helped us prepare for the rest of our trip. Gave really helpful advice even with weird things like getting a tattoo.

• madeleinechill1430
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
3rd Jul 2018

INCREDIBLY friendly and helpful staff. Nice hostel, simple but good. Too hot, but so are all hostels in Ireland seem in the summer. Would recommend.

• blackal667
  • USA, Female, 41+
2nd Jul 2018

Ashfield Hostel is centrally located near Trinity College, downtown. It's also near the River and many bus stops. Connor and the other staff members were very helpful in suggesting things I might want to see and do while in Dublin. I had a great time making day trips to Bray, Greystones and Howth (all about 30-45 minutes from Ashfield). Ashfield itself was quiet, clean, and the front desk was staffed 24-hours a day.

• kirabira139
  • USA, Female, 31-40
2nd Jul 2018

The people who work at the front desk are GREAT. Really helpful and knowledgable. I was in a 4 person all women room and it was REALLY hot. The women in the top bunks couldn't sleep it was so hot. The floors weren't cleaned during the 3 days I was there. Everything was kind of run down. But the location was great, staff was awesome, it had everything I needed, and the price was totally fair for what I got. I just probably am too old for this kind of hostel now.

1st Jul 2018

Great location. Smaller rooms and small bathroom that is needing s remodel soon. Outlets and lockers at each bed. Conner and are Mark are very nice and helpful...the other staff seemed aloof and disinterested. Breakfast was adequate. Would definitely stay again.

29th Jun 2018

Great location close to Grafton street, Temple Bar area and Trinity College. Super friendly staff that provided recommendations for food and activities. You have to buzz in the front door via staff and then have a key to access the stairs for the rooms. Felt very safe. Overall, it was a great place to stay!

• celestecoughlin8888
  • USA, Female, 18-24
28th Jun 2018

Safe, clean. The location was great! It was nice having a kitchen, and the staff was friendly for the most part. Loved being so close to everything (including a train station!) but I heard that the 6 rooms were really cramped. I stayed in the 18 and it was great with lots of room to move around and such. Not very good for meeting people though, the common areas weren’t really for meeting others.

×