Astor Victoria

• yhavryshchuk1574
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Nov 2018
2.6

We stayed in a 8 person mixed room. The room was dirty. Clumps of dust and hair on the floor, garbage everywhere. There was one toilet and one shower for all of us and they were both disgusting. The shower smelled rotten, and was very dirty. Every bathroom in this hostel smells like urine. I told the staff that they should be cleaned, they said ok, but *nothing* (bedroom or bathrooms) was cleaned in 4 days. Staff told me to use a different shower because ours did not work anyways. Avoid!

16th Nov 2018

Great location and amazing price for London ! Staff were lovely as well !

15th Nov 2018
5.7

Astor Victoria reminded me of my college dorm—a bright light right outside of the room, restrooms that didn't work (or didn't have toilet paper or soap the entire time (3 days)), showers that were dirty and stained, dishes that were cracked and broken. The saving grace here was that it was super close to an underground line, so it was easy to hop on and see the city (and spend less time at the hostel)

13th Nov 2018
7.4

The place was close to train station. The hostel wasn’t as clean as I expected. The rooms were not well ventilated— smelled like people’s feet from shoes. I will say I was in a 8 bed mixed room, which now I wouldn’t recommend. The staff was nice.

11th Nov 2018
5.1

Good location, but the lack of cleanliness took away from the experience. We noticed a layer of dust coating everything & it soon became clear it was affecting our wellbeing. While blowing our noses each day, we discovered the dust had found its home in our nostrils & had caused me and several of our hostel mates to develop a cold. Sheets were stained yellow. The kitchen was full of fruit flies and the sponges were old & musty. WiFi was functional. Locks/adapters available for a small deposit.

• erinnshea7906
  • USA, Female, 18-24
8th Nov 2018

The location was super convinient and a quick walk from Victoria Station. The staff was nice, attentive and helpful. The facilities were small and outdated. In addition, when I arrived my room was pretty messy. Two of the roommates were staying there long term and had spread out their things throughout the space leading to a unorganized room with limited space. Overall, I would recommend the hostel to flexible travelers on a budget! For the price, it’s pretty good with just a couple negatives.

6th Nov 2018

Great value and location. Easy access to pretty much anything you’d want to do in London. Super friendly staff and breakfast of toast, jams, coffee, and cereal available every morning for just one pound, donated to charity. Could feel a bit cramped, and limited power outlets in rooms. Facilities slightly dated. Beautiful exterior in Belgrave Square.

• laiafervir6176
  • Spain, Female, 31-40
6th Nov 2018

The staff are amazing! Nice happy people working there. They help you as much as you need. Really good atmosphere! Everything is clean and tidy. And the location is perfect, just few minutes walking from Victoria's Coach Station.

• shannonfarrell1993789
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Nov 2018
6.3

Internet is useless. Staff assigned me a bed that was apparently taken, resulting in issues for me wth another person. I had to request a different room which staff complied with, but left an uncomfortable feeling over he rest of my stay. Atmosphere is dull, most people seemed to be working in the area, not a place for backpackers looking for a fun London experience

4th Nov 2018
7.1

Astor Victoria was, as other reviews have said, perfectly average. My room was clean and big; I slept well. There was basically no usable common space, and I felt uncomfortable in the kitchen/cafeteria area though I'm not entirely sure why. The bathrooms were super tiny and scattered throughout the hostel. The showers were okay. In general I liked sleeping there but not being there otherwise. I probably wouldn't book it again because there are many other hostels to choose from in London.

×