Astor Victoria

Fabulous 13239 Total Reviews
Fabulous 13239 Total Reviews

14th Sep 2018
5.7

The only real benefit of staying here is the location, just 2 minutes from Pimlico and 10 from Victoria metro stations. I ended up staying at a hotel across the street, leaving my room at 12:30 am the first night due to a very unruly bunkmate who was walking around pacing, with the lights on, talking nonsense and accusing me of stealing his bunk, bothering everyone in the room trying to sleep. Aside, the showers were not working on my floor and the sheets were stained.

• erikadebrown892
  • England, Female, 31-40
14th Sep 2018
6.9

My husband and I liked the place even though there was some arrogance attitude from the Spanish male receptionist, when we asked where we should go to find the sitting room and other areas. But really loved the Italian smile girl that changed the energy of the place. The toilet on our level 1 of them was out of service so we had to go another level to find a free one as on our own area it was quite busy. Apart from that, nice people and atmosphere. Thanks anyway for the service.

12th Sep 2018
7.1

I've honestly never given this low of a rating to any place and it's for one reason: cleanliness. Or the lack thereof. My sheets were threadbare (could see through them), my duvet was yellowed and had some other persons hair on it. My room was so dusty I woke up having a sneezing attack and the showers were just disgusting. The couches in the common room were also cracked, old, and kind of gross. The staff did their best to help, but it just was so unnecessarily dirty on so many surfaces. :(

• leandrobenatti3086
  • Brazil, Male, 25-30
11th Sep 2018
8.0

Excelent location, nice staff

10th Sep 2018
4.9

One of my worst hostel experiences. My four bed room was so small that it was difficult to move about if another person was standing in the room. No charging stations for top bunks. Mattress was like a board, the pillow very thin. They had no bath towels to rent to me, only hand towels. The staff I interacted with were unfriendly/aloof. Many bathrooms and showers were out of order, water pooled on the floor in several places, the bathroom taps only ran cold. An uncomfortable place.

• benjhg78284
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
10th Sep 2018

Love this place, third time here. Great atmosphere and staff. A 1£ breakfast, comfy beds. The receptionists are always great. The bathrooms aren’t great, and there’s only PowerPoints on the floor, but the excitement and enthusiasm they bring more than makes up for it. ( great beer pong too)

• Romania, Female, 31-40
7th Sep 2018
6.9

I returned this year, as a year ago, my stay was very pleasant. Now the state of the bathrooms was below reasonable. The shower tubs were chipped, at best they were greasy, if not dirty and with grey marks, from not having been scrubbed in a while. You don't want to forget / leave your flip-flops. I saw one of the matresses being changed - several stains in a wide array of colours and sizes. The kitchen sinks were not far either. Too bad! This place was great, but it now needs refurbishment!

6th Sep 2018

The staff is great. You do have to pay for towels. There is not a outlet next to every bed. They have free adapters for you to use which is great. A 2 min walk to the underground and very close to Victoria rail station.

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Sep 2018

Friendly staff and clean comfy bed. The toilet next to our room didn't have a sink so I couldn't brush my teeth when I got back late as I didn't want to usr the sink in the room whilst people were sleeping. Breakfast was good and location is great for Victoria station. I was traveling as a single female in my 20's and I felt very safe.

• constantinolobasso4338
  • Malta, Male, 31-40
3rd Sep 2018

+ very good location, clean well-lit rooms, spacious. Big lockers, shelves. - cleaners under terror, cleanliness meticulous, yet there seems to be no maintenance, half-blocked toilets with loose seats everywhere. No mirror and very little shelves in all showers, imp to shave. Kitchen closed at night and after breakfast, late sleeper/wakers, forget using it. Rules and warning signs everywhere. A little less military-style and a human touch would help. Still good value.

×