Avalon House

Fabulous 8280 Total Reviews

• pkindler5644
  • Germany, Female, 41+
10th Jan 2018

A great place to stay in central Dublin without breaking the bank. Pleasant staff, furnishings plain and clean. I had a small single room with sink, which was fine for a night or two. The mattress was VERY firm, which suits some people but not me. The lighting could be a bit less "clinical", and I didn't see the need for the (opaque) glass screen in the door, which makes the room feel unnecessarily exposed. I'd also prefer a hot water tap that doesn't cut off after one second. Small niggles.

• FabiolaCortes193
  • Mexico, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2018
7.7

I would recommend them to have more control of the mixed rooms, this means that the number of women and men should be balanced, I understand there are female rooms but for women who are traveling with a budget is not fair to feel insecure in rooms where you are the only female. I was assigned the bed in the top but it was too closed to the roof that one day I was going to fall down. They should move the bunks in different order. I would like to say more but there is not enough space...

• USA, Male, 18-24
3rd Jan 2018

Functional hostel in a great place in town. Just a few blocks away from both the Guinness Storehouse and Grafton Street. Value for the money, and we had nice company during our stay in the two bunk-bed room.

• USA, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018
6.3

Location is the best part of this hostel, I could walk mostly everywhere. However, not very disability friendly. Atmosphere was less friendly &more sequestered than I'd hoped, but Dubliners made up for it! The rooms were fine but bathrooms were a bit dirty (and COLD) and YOU HAVE TO PRESS A BUTTON FOR THE SHOWER TO COME ON FOR 5-10 SECONDS. I wish I had known this before booking. Glad to be eco-friendly but it was hard to wash. Security was good. Staff was mostly friendly and helpful!

• Austria, Male, 18-24
2nd Jan 2018
8.0

Avalon House is in my opinion a quite recommendable hostel, it's in the centre of Dublin, it's very cheap, and you have a lovely staff. Just the toilets would need a good clean, especially in the early mornings, and also the breakfast is quite simple in the meaning that you prepare all on your own, which is actually not too bad. In the end, I would definitely come again, it's a good place to stay

31st Dec 2017
3.1

Noisy, cheap facility, evil mind staffs. Anyway noisy during midnight, not only my room. I could not sleep at all, because many guests(may not staying in this hostel) came into the dorm and did drinking party during midnight. And from corridor I heard big voice chatting and laughing many times, it was also midnight. What hostel staffs did? The fact they permitted such things means they are accomplice.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
30th Dec 2017
8.0

Using a space heater to heat the room while asleep made me nervous.

29th Dec 2017

Dublin is SO cool !

22nd Dec 2017
8.0

This hostel was fine. We came at a weird time of year so it felt empty and they were under a bit of construction so I imagine that it could be a really great place to stay otherwise. I wish there had been lockers in the rooms, the lockers in the hallway felt a bit strange, and there was not any hot water in the showers which was uncool. They had free breakfast and the way the rooms were set up was cool though.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2017
7.7

We booked a twin room for two nights. From the photos, we had expected two single beds and were surprised to instead have a bunk bed in a room with just enough space for us to turn around. The bathrooms were fine, the kitchen was very good, it was nice to be given towels without asking. The staff varied - some were very knowledgeable and helpful, others not. I like the location - almost in the city centre, but not quite. The free breakfast was nice. Not much atmosphere in the communal spaces.

×