Avenue Hostel

Fabulous 3648 Total Reviews

• jobuffey7836
  • England, Female, 41+
13th Jul 2018

Very satisfied with it, thank you. I am an older, single female traveller and draw the line at mixed dorms these days. I originally booked for 1 night but then wanted to add one. I was really impressed and grateful to the young receptionist who pleasantly ‘shuffled’ people around so that I could stay in the same bed the second night even though they were very busy. Great customer service and a great place to stay in a great city. Thank you.

• daracoates6787
  • England, Couple, 18-24
13th Jul 2018
6.0

Very disappointing, when we arrived the staff weren’t very friendly and had got our booking wrong so we were split up on opposite floors, without any apology from the staff. The rooms are quite clean but the beds are very small and shake if on the top bunk. The location is good and the free breakfast is good but I wouldn’t go back there.

• liaml2tiger7005
  • South Africa, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2018

I loved it, definitely would stay there again

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2018

The hostel is really well located for both sight seeing and night life being in the centre of Pest. Nice and large kitchen area with free breakfast and good cooking facilities. The bar is also fun to hang out in. We were in one of the private apartments and enjoyed it. Wifi was good so was shower.

• USA, Female, 25-30
3.1

The power was out the one night we stayed here due to scheduled maintenance we could have been warned about prior to checking in. No refund was offered. No coffee and hardly any food besides bread for the “included” breakfast due to this outage. The power outage meant all the doors that required codes were open for anyone to enter. Our private room was dirty; other hairs on the bedding upon walking in and spiders crawling around the ceiling. Location was good though at Ocktagon stop.

8th Jul 2018
4.9

BED BUGS!!!!! This hostel at first appeared alright. Decent location, atmosphere seemed to be pretty social, and it was relatively cheap. However, after the first night my 3 friends and I found bed bugs. The staff refused to do anything until 3 days later when they woke me up at 9 saying I had to pack up and move out. Keep in mind checkout is at 11. To top it all off, the 24 hour reception is a joke. Apparently after the bartender leaves you are unable to purchase a bottle of water.

• danbloor9667
  • England, Male, 18-24
7th Jul 2018
6.0

Once arrived we were greeted by extremely hostile, unwelcoming staff who seemed to have a massive problem with a group of six paying separately. The most hostile the man with dark hair who seemed disgusted and confused at the fact we wanted to check in. Security is also not the best when checking out as unlike most hostels they do not have a baggage room but only a limited amount of lockers which meant someone in my group was forced to leave his bag in the main entrance area for anyone to take.

• djleslie8599
  • Scotland, Male, 25-30
7th Jul 2018

Good 2 nights here, staff were very friendly and helpful, and the place had a decent communal area for meeting people which is ideal as a solo traveller. Only negative was the rooms were extremely hot, but after first night I requested to be moved to the bottom bunk where there was a fan and the nice receptionist girl duly obliged ☺️ Right next to a metro station and only 20 mins walk from parliament building.

• morrislucy163302
  • England, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2018
6.3

I have loads of bed bug bites & other people saying at the hostel were sleeping outside their rooms due to bed bugs. The staff switched my room but I don’t think this solved the problem. Apart from that everything else was lovely.

• toshee_kapadia1735
  • India, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

I was really anxious since this was my first solo trip abroad. But once I stepped into the hostel, everything changed. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Even the people were working there were sooo sweet! The whole atmosphere was so positive and enthusiastic. I wish I had stayed for longer! I would recommend staying there to everyone who goes to Budapest

×