Avenue Hostel

• margo_fredericks206
  • Denmark, All Female Group, 25-30
18th Jan 2018
7.4

I stayed in an 8 person dorm, and I thought the privacy was quite good with the sleeping cubes they provide. Accessibility was great to and from the hostel. We were able to walk everywhere easily. Breakfast was better than most hostels, but the cereal milk was warm. We had a shower and toilet in our room, so there wasn’t a problem with it being unclean. However our toilet room smelled so awful, not sure of the cause though. Overall, I would recommend this hostel!

• Uruguay, Female, 25-30
17th Jan 2018
5.7

The guy at the reception was not welcoming at all. I was standing in front of him for 5 minutes waiting for him to realise I was there. After he checked me in, he didn’t give me any information about the hostel or the city. The breakfast was ok for a free one, apart from the coffee which was disgusting. The room display was good, every bed has a locker, a plug-in and a light. The location was perfect, you can move around the city walking. The atmosphere was terrible. I wouldn’t recommend.

16th Jan 2018

I would have given this a 10 if the customer service was better; I messed up my reservation and emailed, no answer. Called was told to email, no answer. Called again, told to send and email, sent another email and finally got an answer HOURS later. They didn't try to fix my simple scheduling error. The front desk wasn't very friendly and the beds were VERY uncomfortable-but secluded. Everything else about the hostel was AWESOME. Clean! Amazing breakfast! Very "Collage-dorm" style and modern.

15th Jan 2018

Awesome in every aspect!

10th Jan 2018

I loved it!!! From the moment I arrived the staff where super welcoming and made me feel at home. They have events everyday so it’s perfect for a solo traveler. The rooms are comfortable and you get some kind of private space cubicle so you get a lot of privacy. I tried many hostels in Budapest and I highlyyy recommend avenue hostels!!!

• tanjamaria874091
  • USA, Female, 25-30
9th Jan 2018

Staff very friendly. Centrally located. Stayed in 8 female dorm, one bathroom which can be tricky but I mean.. hostel life. Bathroom cleaned daily by staff. Always events going on at the hostel. Kitchen area to prep/keep food. two lockers...

7th Jan 2018

I stayed in Avenue hostel for 3 nights. My stay there was wonderful! I really like the fact that the staff was soo helpful and kind! actually It was the first time in a hostel that the staff took me to my room and informed me about everything. The free breakfast is also a big deal. The only drawback was the bad smell in the bathroom.

• jessicachancesommers3614
  • USA, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2018

The staff was amazing, the public spaces spacious, and comfortable, with a good bar. The set up of the rooms enables privacy more so than other hostels, and the breakfast was good. Bathrooms: nothing to complain about. Honestly probably the best hostel I’ve ever stayed in, totally worth your money

• erinnicolemcintosh7641
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Jan 2018

Really loved Avenue Hostel. The location couldn't have been better, the beds were comfortable, nighttime activities were well organized and fun, and there was a well equipped kitchen. They offered free breakfast which was a HUGE bonus for us on a tight budget, and free dinner on Monday and Sunday. I will most certainly stay at Avenue again. Thanks for having us :)

3rd Jan 2018
7.4

Extremely Dirty

Dear Duvan, Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We are sorry to read that cleanliness of our hostel didn’t live up to your expectations. We will take your valuable feedback into account and hopefully, if you decide to stay again with us, you will notice all the positive improvements. Kind Regards, Avenue Hostel.

×