Barbieri Sol Hostel

• jessiediamond97
  • American Samoa, Female, 18-24
10th Jul 2018
7.7

Not a very good atmosphere for meeting people, everyone just kind of kept to themselves. Also it was by far the hottest hostel I’ve stayed in, I wanted to sleep naked but there were five other people in the room so I was just sleeping in my own pile of sweat, they really need to fix the air conditioning situation for a summer in Madrid

• kaybosch
  • Canada, Couple, 18-24
9th Jul 2018

Amazing friendly staff and great location! Would stay again.

• nadiaportella117321
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
5th Jul 2018

Great location in the heart of Madrid. Staff were incredibly, particularly Fabio who greeted us. The breakfast was basic but enough to start the day with. Room was big and we were lucky to get a private bathroom. Worth noting there is a no elevator and you have to climb stairs to get to the hostel.

6.0

Good location but staff was terrible. Didn’t tell us anything when we got there, just gave us our keys. Didn’t tell us about breakfast or seem happy to help us out with any questions we had. Wouldn’t recommend.

• Romania, Female, 18-24
22nd Jun 2018

everything was very nice. i loved that the dorm had its own bathroom. i had the upper bed but there was no protection bar so i couldn’t sleep very well because i had to be very carefull to not fall during sleep. i recommend this hostel if you want to stay in downtown for a low price :)

DEAR CLIENT MANY THANKS FOR YOU REVIEW

• gdecossebrissac1591
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
7.1

Overall the stay was okay. I was disappointed With the lockers. They were to small to fit any suitcase and had no lock so were useless. The first staff I encountered had minimal English. After arriving at 5pm exhausted from flying, 37 degrees outside I asked if the air conditioning could be turned on (no remote in room). Was told by staff that it is only turned on after 8pm. Was very disappointed with this as it states air con is available.

20th Jun 2018

The breakfast can improve and you shouldn't have to ask for a blanket fof your bed kt should already be provided. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• tallulabunty5600
  • England, Couple, 18-24
18th Jun 2018
8.0

The hostel is within walking distance of all the sights and the bathroom was comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the whole hostel was clean I am giving a low rating for security as one of the men in our dorm was extremely inappropriate to another girl, and although she reported it, they didn’t move him out as they were fully booked. I think that hostels should protect young solo travellers from such behaviour from older men, and this did not happen. We would definitely return :)

• katiebaillied6857
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2018
5.4

I was very unimpressed with how the staff dealt with a report I made. I am a 22yo female and in my room was a middle aged alcoholic man. He would often stumble into the room in the early morning, strip naked and be generally disruptive with his drinking habits. He even began masturbating in the room one day while I was there alone. I reported his behaviour to the staff and they did absolutely nothing to remove him, they just said sorry. I will never be staying at this hostel again.

• ismaelapineda
  • USA, Male, 25-30
11th Jun 2018
7.7

Pretty good hostel. It’s in the center of everything which is good. The AC was working but it began leaking and it got our beds web. The WiFi at this hostel doesn’t work at all. Super slow! The staff was okay. The breakfast was okay too.

DEAR CLIENT MANY THANKS FOR YOU REVIEW