Base Sydney

Very Good 1639 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th May 2018
6.0

Location was AMAZING, train stop was right there so that was really helpful! The kitchen was always dirty, tables never seemed to get wiped down, dirty dishes everywhereand old food taking up space in the fridge so there wasn't much room. The room I was in had no natural light and had no colour to it, just white with awful lighting. Really hard to meet people if you don't go out and party aswell, but the location was so awesome that I would stay again.

• amandabartlett7958
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2018

I stayed here for a night, the accommodation was amazing and the experience was memorable as I’ve never stayed in a hostle before. I was placed in a room with two girls that I got along very well with! The manager went the extra mile to get me a lock so I could secure my things without worry, and the staff allowed me to place my bag behind the counter when the lockers had been full for no extra charge. Super friendly staff, convenient location right across from Town Hall station! Thank you!!

Hiya - thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review - we are so glad that you had a great time with us. Please come and see us again next time you're in Sydney.

• Jonathan1904
  • Denmark, Male, 18-24
1st May 2018

Really satisfied with my stay at base hostel. It is a party hostel, so if you want to go to bed early and don’t like when people enter the dorm in the middle of the night, then maybe you shouldn’t choose this hostel. Great atmosphere and easy to meet new people due to the many activities the hosts also offer. Right next to a bar/club which is super nice! Staff was also really nice and helpful whenever I had questions! Would love to stay there again!

• charlottelouise
  • England, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2018
6.6

The atmosphere of this hostel depends on who you get in the room. I can’t say the hostel was bad however if you like sleep this is not the place for you. The music is so loud all through the night! When it came to checking out no one was at the desk in the end had to leave the key with a security guard!

• lubosshard4126
  • Switzerland, Male, 31-40
21st Apr 2018
8.0

The rooms are nice and quiet, but the bathroom and the kitchen could be better.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - we are glad that you had a nice stay. We are currently doing lots of painting and refurbs around the building and making constant improvements - we'd love to hear more of your feedback on which bathroom we could improve. Thanks again for your time!

10th Apr 2018
7.4

Not enough toilets for the number of people, bit shabby but good enough for the price. Cool staff and evening events.

• jurkjane5752
  • Latvia, Female, 25-30
2nd Apr 2018
6.6

It's a nice place but the music from next door club will rock the walls and keep you up way after 2am.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
31st Mar 2018
6.9

In general fine, but... one cannot rent a towel, instead has to buy it for $20? Bit of a scam

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2018
6.0

Good location, friendly staff and good bar. However, we were greeted by damp floors, unfriendly guests and very limited utensils in the kitchen. Would rather stay anywhere other than here again.

• Australia, Female, 41+
22nd Mar 2018
6.9

Whilst I like many aspects of the Base in this visit my room was over the top of what felt like all night music it was loud and difficult to sleep through. The shower was cold the first morning and only moderately warm on the other mornings. Otherwise it is basically clean and a friendly atmosphere. I would have liked to be warned that you now need to provide your own towel.

×