Base Sydney

Very Good 1696 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 1696 Total Reviews

9th Sep 2018

Good location and staff are very helpful. Only bad thing was that a lot of people staying there seemed to be in Australia working as part of their visa so not many people around in the evenings to go out with.

• laurenschildkamp4607
  • Netherlands, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2018
4.9

We woke up middle of the night. Had a mixed room, turned out some drunk guy was pissing on a girls’ bed (that he did not know!). Really nasty, staff told us I’d happened before. We did Get a new room, but won’t ever go back there. Bad atmosphere.

• tonyazios3856
  • Guam, Male, 31-40
19th Aug 2018
6.6

Good location, decent rates. The building’s layout is absurdly confusing and the elevator may as well not exist it’s so slow and unreliable. Nice staff, comfortable beds. Was surprised to see trash was left in the hallways all day. Also, not the hostel’s fault but I did have some clothes stolen from my suitcase while I was out of the room.

8th Aug 2018
7.4

Good location and good sized dorms with comfy beds. Good atmosphere with lots of other young travellers. Although because of this, the room was very messy and you weren’t assigned a locker so there was no where to put my things because they were all taken with other people’s stuff. Bathroom was clean with plenty of showers and good sitting area.

26th Jul 2018

Great! Thanks for everything

• meredithjwebb72
21st Jul 2018
4.9

Staff not the most helpful, fire alarm went off barely any instructions from staff given. Didn’t feel safe in room. Extremely loud music pounding through room until about 1.30am. Kitchen in basement (safe?). Wifi didn’t work. Easy access to train station to get more central but train is a must otherwise 30-40 min walk along main road. You can get some really nice and safe places in Sydney...this is not one unfortunately!

20th Jul 2018
2.0

Stole a lot of things like food and Kicked out illegally

• michelletodd9182
6th Jul 2018

Really good hostel, great location and good atmosphere. You get what you pay for. I would stay here again if I was in Sydney!

• eloisekate3027
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Jul 2018

amazing!! stayed here once and is now my go to place for when i come back!

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
27th Jun 2018
5.4

A lot of noise any time... dry hair, doors, drunk people... Small rooms Old lift Party next door I could hear til 2am I paid cash when I arrived Next day the property charge my card Again Went there did complaint and til now I havent get my refund I would never recommend this hostel to anyone

×