Bassetto Guesthouse

Superb 1105 Total Reviews

• roryadms6679
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Sep 2018

I was only meant to stay one night here, but ended up having to drag myself away after five. The first place that truly felt like home after 3 months on the road. Jo and Phil are truly two of the kindest, funniest and most down to earth people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and will make you feel like an old friend from the moment you walk in. The actual guesthouse is beautiful, the wine is absolute top shelf, and the company is fantastic. Pasta class is a must. Greatest hostel ever.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
13th Sep 2018

Loved this place! All of the positive reviews and recommendations were correct. Jo and Phil we’re fantastic, they explained all the activities available and how to get around town. Did a wine tour which was ok (15euro) and a fantastic pasta course (30 euro) lots of wine, laughs and great pasta. If you want to get away for a few days and enjoy some good company and nature then I would highly recommend this place. Would definitely go back!

• katelyntravels2000
  • USA, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2018

Amazing! This was a beautiful, serene environment. It was so relaxing to get away from the city and into this quiet and peaceful hostel. The staff were incredibly friendly. We took a cooking class there and it was the highlight of our trip. Make sure to ask about the bug spray and get that on as soon as possible because the mosquitos are big and out for blood.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
3rd Sep 2018

The atmosphere and staff at this place were by far the experience altogether for me. Their help, and energy helped set the tone for my country side experience. It felt very family like the whole time, like friends I've known for life. Very rustic, and quaint.

• Bermuda, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2018

Bassetto is a little slice of paradise set in the Tuscan hills! There's a wonderful family atmosphere that can't be found at the majority of hostels you travel through. The guesthouse is an old, charming building that is kept quite clean. They offer a wine tasting at a vineyard, cooking class next door, and there's local wine available to purchase in the office! Like the other reviews, I extended my stay by a day but wish I could have stayed even longer.

• jaimanlongemail7457
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
27th Aug 2018

Do yourself a favour and stay here. Book two nights and walk in the door and be ready to book two weeks... maybe two months. The minute you arrive you’ll become part of the family, you’ll stay in a beautiful and well kept history rich building and you’ll meet some incredible people that aren’t afraid to share, party and explore together including the staff. This is the idyllic Tuscan stay away from chaotic city life. Pasta making, wine tasting, day trips easily accessible, don’t think just book.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
22nd Aug 2018

Il Bassetto is probably the best hostel we’ve ever stayed at! We definitely recommend the wine tasting and Tommaso’s amazing cooking class. The rooms and bathrooms are exceptionally clean, plus there are both indoor and outdoor common areas that are definitely conducive to meeting new people. On top of all this, for us it was the staff that made our experience so worthwhile. Phil, Jo, Rachel and Claudia are absolute legends that we feel lucky to have met! Miss you guys! Much love, Jess and Tash.

• jessicameltzer3665
  • USA, Female, 25-30
20th Aug 2018

Booked three nights, stayed for six...would’ve stayed another week if I had the time! Shoutout to Jo and Phil (and Rachel!) for making this week one of my best to date. They keep the place nice & clean, sell cheap (and delicious) wine on-site, environment is super social but also relaxed. Need I say more? Just go xx

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Aug 2018

By far the greatest hostel I have ever stayed at, and the highlight of my trip. I booked for 3 nights and stayed for 12. I found it incredibly hard to leave. Thank you so much to the outstanding staff, Jo, Helioenay, Monica, Phil, Rachel and Claudia, who work relentlessly to ensure you have the most amazing experience that you simply cannot get anywhere else. They will welcome you like you're family and do anything for you. The hostel itself is gorgeous, I cannot find a fault. Book now!!

• sgoburdhone1111
  • New Zealand, Male, 25-30
17th Aug 2018

I'm absolutely fizzing about my stay at Bassetto! The staff are really awesome and create an amazing family atmosphere where everyone trusts and respects each other. They make sure everyone has a good laugh! Cheers for making my stay special Jo. There's only goodness at Bassetto. 10/10. Definitely coming back. See you soon :)

×