Bastille Hostel

Very Good 312 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th Jun 2018
7.1

I recommend this place if you are young and in a group of young students. The place is not ideal if you want to make your own food . The beddings are ok, but there is no flat sheet so you have to sleep with the big blanket on you directly and it doesn’t seem sanitary. I would recommend you bring your sheets. The breakfast is ok if you are not hungry. The wifi could use better service. The showers are good.

10th Jun 2018
5.7

Wifi was horrible inside the room, and there was no air conditioning. The room was incredibly hot on a June day and thus very uncomfortable.

• mrcallumhart5226
  • England, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2018
7.4

It was in a very good area and easy to access Paris, in terms of the hostile I didint like the fact you had to be out from 11-3 as my friends where also in Paris but sometimes I wouldn’t be able to meet them, even when I tried to go back to get my jacket because it was raining they where trying to stop me from getting my own jacket. I appreciate they clean it but since I was staying for 5 nights I didint really need them going in my room every night. The woman at the desk was nice and helpful

• itsrainingbooks2564
  • USA, Female, 25-30
9th Jun 2018

Got a single room here for a few days to see Paris. It was perfect for me! The fifth floor room had a lovely breeze through the window, shower included, huge amount of desk and shelf space (which I didn't expect) and a sink. A few notes: do bring soap (and towel, as they had neither); rooms are closed 11AM through 3PM for cleaning, so if you're the sort who likes to take a siesta after lunch, this may not be the place for you; and the breakfast was quite good and filling. Would stay again.

• menczelce136
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2018
5.4

It seeme the staff were experiencing technical issues when we checked in and we ended up waiting to begin our check in process for easily one hour, from 11:30 PM to around 1AM. We had to catch a flight at 8 the next day. Most frustrating was that we had pre-paid our balance and required no extra services (such as towels), and yet had to wait in line behind two groups even while three employees sat behind the desk doing nothing. The one employee working allowed many guests to cut the line.

• katieuttley1877
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Jun 2018
6.3

Good location, close to metros. Staff is good with directions. Luggage storage pre/post check in/check out. Breakfast was simple. I found it weird that they had no soap in their bathrooms. Only one toilet per floor, but our room had a shower in it which was nice. Lots of storage in the room. Not a real hostel vibe in my opinion compared to others I've been to.

• isabelmedranol
  • Mexico, Female, 18-24
28th May 2018
7.7

Bastille hostel was very well located. you can walk from there to the main touristy parts of Paris. It is really nice to have a shower in each room which is cleaned every day, there is also a metro station very close to the hostel.

27th May 2018
6.3

A good budget hostel located near metro station that takes you right into the center of Paris. The biggest draw is the 2 person bedroom dorms if you want privacy. The Downside to this is the lack of atmosphere. The beds were comfy but the frame of the bunk bed was very old, creaked a lot, swayed at times, and just did not feel very safe. The lack of more than one bathroom per floor was annoying. The hostel beig an old building had some repair issues but didn't really affect stay.

• valbingham
  • Costa Rica, Female, 25-30
22nd May 2018
7.1

They have this stupid rule that you have to leave your room at 11am because they clean the hostel, they even open your room door to kick you our, that’s pretty ridiculous. This is not a place to stay if yoy are traveling alone, there’s no atmosphere at all. For the rest of things, the hostel was ok.

• gianandreabroglia464
  • Italy, Male, 25-30
14th May 2018

Super professional staff, cool atmosphere and nice room. Definitely recommended

×