Bastille Hostel

• jsfriesen13150
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2018
7.7

No wifi on the third floor and a weird shared key system. But it was cheap and had breakfast so not all bad! I would probably stay somewhere else next time but wasn't unhappy with my stay this go around.

• mikaelam
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2018
6.9

Good hostel, would stay again.

• natashacumming5550
  • England, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2018
6.6

Woman at the reception was rude

• devonroberts2378243
  • USA, Male, 18-24
26th Aug 2018
7.4

This hostel is a good price and a great location. It's located right next to Gare de Lyon and Place de la Bastille which is good for both walking and taking transit. I had a somewhat negative experience here, because my booking was lost so I had to change rooms every night. the Free breakfast is a dry baguette and some coffee so don't plan too heavily on that. some of the facilities felt like they were one step away from breaking. It's a budget place, so I would not expect too much.

• bzacharias
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
13th Aug 2018
4.0

Where do I start. They didn’t give me a key to my room, I had to be let into my room every time I left to go to the bathroom. It was extremely hot. There wasn’t a real locker in the room. They kick you out of the room to clean at 11 when your trying to catch up on sleep after travelling for 2 days. I wouldn’t recommend this hostel to anyone. Staff wasn’t great either.

• daylelaytonharvey4845
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Aug 2018
3.7

This was a terrible hostel to stay at. The amenities were okay. Breakfast was fine and the rooms were fine. The main problem was the staff. I booked here. Was charged three times. They switched my second night room, and proceeded to make me pay cash for the the second night again. They didn’t have a key to the room so I had to be escorted there and once I was in my room, I couldn’t leave because the door would lock behind me, so I couldn’t use the washroom or shower. - staff were uncaring.

• jakobbarner7028
  • USA, Male, 25-30
9th Aug 2018
2.0

Definitely the worst hostel I've ever been to. Extremely rude staff.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
6th Aug 2018
6.0

Staff ok, room clean, but all ugly and old.

• cpippin15459
  • USA, Female, 18-24
26th Jul 2018
6.6

This hostel was decent for the price for a private room with a shower. However, the AC does not properly work and when you are on the 6th floor it’s so hot you can barely breathe. I cancelled my second booking and stayed elsewhere because it was too hot. The sheets were also unwashed. If you stay here I recommend doing so during cooler months and maybe bring your own sheets. The free breakfast was nice and you are close to the metro though.

• annadekinder9798
  • Belgium, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2018
7.7

I had a nice experience at this hostel, but the elavator was not working when we were there. Staff was very friendly, location was okay. I think the breakfast could be a bit more or just diverse, for example not the same every day. I was a bit dissapointed by the breakfast, but overall nice experience.

×