Birmingham Central Backpackers

• joemulvin4949
  • Ireland, Male, 41+
15th Nov 2017
6.9

Great value for money. Basic breakfast but good selection of fruit. Rooms small & not much room for bags etc. Good facilities for cooking & kitchen kept very clean. Too many people on their i-phones, laptops which resulted in little or no interraction amongst fellow travellers. A pity as we all have so many stories to tell of our adventures. Staff were helpful & informative.

14th Nov 2017
7.4

It was a good place, I Was in the building next door upstairs with very limited bathrooms per person as there was approx 2 bathrooms to 30 people with single toilet and shower in each so good luck with rush hour early in the morning and wonder how legal it is to do. Now the beds were the worst I have slept in and I have traveled and only for one reason the NOISE they make when the person above you moves and the guy above moved a lot as the beds are old and in need to catch up with the times

• Italy, Male, 18-24
13th Nov 2017
6.3

I liked the location but the hostel was really cold during the night and was really loud so i couldn’t sleep, now i have flu. When i was moving on the bed, it was making a lot of noise!!

12th Nov 2017
4.9

Stay here if you like to sleep on metal springs! Hostel is in a really dodgy area. Ask for an extra blanket to put on your mattress to make it halfway bearable.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
6th Nov 2017
7.1

This hostel was fine for the night. The bed was squeaky, and there wasn’t much room to store luggage but we got by. My 2 min walk home to the hostel saw me getting hassled by strangers three times so I’m not sure about its location, but probably just value for money.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
4th Nov 2017
3.7

Poor mattress. Could feel metal bar through them. Curtains didn't block out headlights so couldn't sleep. Room was very below the average hostel. Wouldn't recommend

30th Oct 2017

The Birmingham Central Backpackers, is amazing. It has an excellent reception, very kind and nice, the hostel very clean and very close to bus station (Birmingham coach station). 100% recommendable. Thanks BCB.

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
29th Oct 2017
3.1

This was by far the worst hostel experience I have ever had. The picture of the room I would be sleeping in was an absolute lie, the pillow was lumpy and awful, everything smelled damp, I felt completely unsafe. It was in the middle of the ghetto with a car alarm going off all night and Latin music blaring through the walls of the reception. I did not sleep a wink as I felt so uncomfortable there, the whole experience was absolutely tragic and I would not recommend to anyone, ever.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Oct 2017
3.4

I stayed two nights in this hostel, it was cramped and dirty. I left there with a terrible itch and just found out that I have scabies. This hostel gave me scabies.

×