Black Sheep Hostel Medellin

Superb 2073 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 2073 Total Reviews

10th Oct 2018

I would 100% stay here again. Close to places to eat, good facilities, and offered a bunch of activities. Not a party hostel but a bunch of people to go out with. You can hear everything in the hallways.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Oct 2018

Staff so friendly and helpful! Kitchen well equipped. I have stayed here twice now, however, the first time I was in the the 8 bed dorm and the showers were amazing and the vibe was good! The second time I was in the 12 bed, which wasn’t as nice and the showers weren’t great. Definitely worth to pay extra for a smaller dorm

3rd Oct 2018
7.1

Black Sheep hostel is nice, but to me it doesn’t deserve to be on the top of the hostel in Medellin. Yes the staff is friendly and it’s easy to socialize, but the rest was disappointing. No breakfast (they don’t offer any food at the hostel) and for me it’s a big downside, and the location was a bit far from all the interesting attractions. I stayed in one of the private with bathroom - it was ok but very simple - no charm. But overall I had a nice stay.

26th Sep 2018

This is the best place we stayed while in Colombia. Everyone was super friendly, I absolutely adored the staff. They went above and beyond. Beds were very comfortable & bathrooms were clean. the shared area was very comfortable and fun. 10 stars I would absolutely go back in a second

thanks, we appreciate the comments. a pleasure to have you here. see you around, Kelvin

• NIVTOLEDO928547
  • Israel, Male, 25-30
26th Sep 2018
6.9

I was one night in the black sheep. I stayed in room 103 which is a mixed 4 bedroom I believe. I booked for two days and left after one. The room didn't much air in it even after opening the window. And even so, construction workers in the hostel were making a lot of noise since early morning. The atmosphere was really dead, not many people who were looking to socialize (it's also not a party hostel or anything). The only good things were the beds, showers and bathrooms. The cost is way to high

Hi, thanks for your comments. we are happy we have great beds showers and bathrooms. many new ones amongst them. but i guess we also have great staff and security since you gave us a ten rating there. so not too bad really. your room is being enlarged and improved like the rest of the hostel. sorry about the noise. we have never claimed to be a party hostel. thankfully, we just have cheap beer. yes the atmosphere has been quiet at times. especially during the week… but things are on the up, thanks again, Kelvin

23rd Sep 2018

The internet is good and there are lots of spaces to hang out.

• bryanpurins9910
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
22nd Sep 2018

Black Sheep Hostel had an amazing atmosphere. So many other travelers stayed here and there are plenty of common spaces to meet people. The rooms do not have ensuite bathrooms but the shared facilities were very clean. Only problem was that they ran out of toilet paper on occasion. Staff was beyond helpful with planning outings, arranging transportation, printing boarding passes, etc. The location is a bit out of the way but an inexpensive taxi or a short 10min walk to the metro.

• paolomcgurrell2415
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
21st Sep 2018

Great place , can't say enough about the friendly staff and their help with all the various tours. The atmosphere was the perfect mix of social and chilled. I stayed almost 3 weeks and would stay again. Loved Medellin and loved the Black Sheep. Paul, Ireland.

15th Sep 2018

Bit of a walk from the centre of el poblado but very clean with good facilities. We were recommended the van pro Colombia tour by the guy at reception for a day trip to gautape and it was such a good call!

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Sep 2018

The staff was extremely helpful and very nice. The hostel in general was really clean and the showers are the best. Quiero decirles a todos que trabajan ahí muchas gracias por todo! I definitely recommend this hostel!

×