Broadway Hotel n Hostel

Very Good 4785 Total Reviews
Very Good 4785 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Sep 2018

I didn’t have a problem until I checked out morning 09-13-18. The lady said hello, I said I would like to check out and passed her my key. She took it gave my $5 deposit for the key back and that was it. Then I asked her if the van that was out side was going to the airport, she just said I don’t know. I proceeded to tell her I booked last night with the guy from reception (whom was incredibly nice and helpful) she just said I don’t know, go ask. There was no one else at reception at the time.

• vlsplichal2388
  • Canada, Female, 41+
7th Sep 2018

Quiet clean close to everything helpful staff

• hewittjoshua1061
  • USA, Male, 25-30
27th Aug 2018
7.7

It was a nice stay. For the most part. I had an issue with a man moving my belongings. We were sharing a room and they ( his fiancé who was not supposed to be there) moved my stuff from the bottom bunk to the top bunk. I had already been sleeping on the bottom. Out of frustration I went downstairs to the service desk and they put me in a new room and they told the guy his fiancé had to leave. The facility overall was good. Even the air conditioner was great.

• asiatea
26th Aug 2018
5.4

The pictures exaggerate the space and cleanliness of the rooms and lounge area. It never felt very clean, particularly bathrooms. The rooms are very outdated and gloomy. website has the wrong time to check in, so I was 3 hours early. Majority of staff are really friendly and I guess, not too much can be expected for a hostel but definitely looks different to the pictures

• anapaocs6811
  • Mexico, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2018

The staff was really friendly at all times, they were helpful and patient. The rooms are nice and bigger than most hostels, they have AC and housekeeping keeps them very clean, as well as the bathrooms. They have enough bathrooms for you to never have to wait in line and they’re one-person bathrooms which is even better because you have that privacy. Kitchen is great too, very clean. This is the best hostel I’ve stayed in !!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2018
6.0

We got there and the key they gave us for the room didn’t work. So we had to go back down and talk to them and get a new room. After finally settling in, it was nearly impossible to sleep the whole night because the beds were so hard, very think blankets, and the AC unit was so loud. And if you turned off the AC, it got too hot. The staff were nice enough to let us keep our luggage in the book room for us to pick up later though so that was good.

• abschelsea6844
17th Aug 2018
6.3

I had several problems whilst staying at this place. I was staying in the “hostel” section of the hotel and our room felt like a prison cell. No colour and very dull. Our lights, fan and AC, went off on our first night and we were told it would be fixed before we went to sleep and it wasn’t. They overbooked our 2 bedroom on several occasions. We’d come back and there was people’s belongings in our room. Asked for proof of stay when this happened. Wouldn’t stay here again or recommend.

• kmit1237153
17th Aug 2018
5.1

Rooms dingy and prison-like. Our first night the electricity went out in our room so our air con and our lights went and no one fixed it until the next day; awful night. One evening we walk in and someone else’s stuff is in our room and the front desk was rude and said another woman had a key and we had to wait for her to come back to tell this her that they messed up. The poor girl had to move at 10:30pm to a new room. There’s more I can’t fit on here. I would like money back!!

• Benjohnhicklin2946
  • England, Male, 18-24
14th Aug 2018
6.0

Pretty cheap hostel in an ideal location for touring round Manhattan as the subway is just a few blocks away. Staff were always pretty grumpy, especially one woman who called security to our room at 11pm at night to wake us up to pay the excess owed on our room. Why it couldn't wait till a more reasonable time I don't know, they had our card details and everything but whatever. Also the lift is now repaired but is dodgy as hell so unless you've got bags on you, take the stairs :*D

9th Aug 2018
4.9

I was very isolated during my stay, there were a big Spanish school kids the 1st couple days, it was loud and unfriendly. Finally met friendly staff my last 2 days Which made a big difference, NO power outlets next to your bed which means leavening your phone unattended while you sleep, the bathrooms near my room were locked so I had to use one at the end of the hallway which seemed weird to me. My bed was not comfortable at all and Not worth it for the price I paid😪

×