Broadway Hotel n Hostel

Very Good 4628 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Dec 2017
4.6

'Deluxe Double Room' and this room was anything but deluxe. Stayed 2 nights and were given towels the first night but taken away for the second. We were staying on the 7th floor and the lift was out of order. The kitchen facilities were ridiculously minimalistic. Just about enough to make yourself a tea. No cooker, cups, plates, utensils. Our room had an oil heater inside that barely stood sturdy and was so noisy you couldn't sleep through it. Bedding was crispy and uncomfortable.

• rebmannjennifer8663
  • USA, Female, 41+
9th Dec 2017

I really have no complaints about this place. Everything was great. Close to subways, plenty of excellent food, stores and coffee shops. Central Park was a few blocks away and I felt SAFE in the neighborhood walking around even at night. However...a few things much needed. Hooks in the bathroom and a soap dispenser or bar of soap in the room. It was so hot in my room I had to sleep with both windows open and the fan on...in shorts and a t-shirt.

• Scotland, Male, 31-40
2nd Dec 2017
6.3

A disappointing stay. Not a hostel in the traditional sense and certainly not suitable for solo travellers looking to meet new people. This would be a decent value place if in a group though. Wasn’t a lot of atmosphere here for young folk. I had a two bed dorm, the room lockers were tiny though. The window didn’t shut properly, so aside from the cold, the noise of busy uptown Manhattan woke me every day at 7am. The wifi is antiquated & useless. I think the log in system myst be 15yrs old

• hinamdar7926
  • India, Male, 25-30
26th Nov 2017

Hostel only takes cash. +$5 key deposit Close to subway 1 Not a regular hostel type atmosphere

• England, Female, 41+
19th Nov 2017
5.7

We did change rooms as the booking was confusing and we did not have a private bathroom. The shared bathroom was not clean and had cockroaches which I reported to staff at reception. The second room was much cleaner than the first but of course cost more.

• jamiebenetto9587
  • USA, Female, 41+
19th Nov 2017
4.0

It is very old and not very clean needs updates. Elevator is scary and does not work properly. New roommates coming in at 1am is jarring and scary.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Nov 2017

This was a great Hostel! I am from America and this is the first time I have stayed in a hostel not abroad. I was worried because of the "stereotype" around Hostels in America. I am SO HAPPY I chose this hostel because it was inexpensive and the staff was amazing. They upgraded my room at no cost and when I asked why they said just because! When I got there they requested a $5 cash deposit for the room key and I didn't have any cash on me and they said don't worry about it. Great place!

• MiguelAraCo
  • Mexico, Male, 25-30
2nd Nov 2017
6.6

The room was smelly and a very big fungus was growing on a corner of the ceiling. The corridors of the third floor smelled weird but the bathrooms were in good conditions. The staff was very friendly.

• USA, Male, 25-30
25th Oct 2017
6.9

Gary at the front desk was very helpful and professional.

• Austria, Female, 25-30
19th Oct 2017
6.0

Great location, but not enough bathrooms (I couldn't find any free bathroom before 7am on a Saturday, despite waiting for 15 minutes). Bathrooms are very dirty too - never managed to find a clean one. Rooms are okay, but could be furnished a bit nicer/more efficiently.

×