Broadway Hotel n Hostel

• alexandrawilson3949810
  • England, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2018
5.4

I had trouble with this property. If someone who is below 21 years old wants to stay on their own in this property they must be in a private room. This policy is not said anywhere on the website, or even the properties own website. As someone under 21 I had a lot of trouble, I had booked a dormitory room initially and had to go through a lot of trouble to get a private room. The staff weren’t very helpful through corespondents, so I was caused unnecessary stress.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2018

Everything was good except for the elevator the whole week I spent there it was out of order and it was annoying to go all the way up to the seventh floor. All the staff was great and so kind.

• saeed_arabo9706
  • USA, Male, 41+
2nd Jun 2018
8.0

Very nice Staff. There is little breakfast choices for little money. No lift, only stairs. A bit far from city center, but close to subway station. There are three bath rooms, " toilet, sink, and shower ", in each story which are nice and clean, and seemed to be enough. but one of the toilets was clogged . There is a sink inside each room. there is always hot and cold water everywhere. I asked for a blanket, they gave me one but, it was totally worn out, and full of holes, it was disgusting .

• pmichel4
  • USA, Male, 25-30
1st Jun 2018

I stayed at the Broadway Hotel and Hostel for a long weekend visiting a friend. The hostel was very clean and located in a great area 3 blocks from the subway. Cleaning was done every morning in the shared bathroom. The only complaint I really have was the elevator was not in service the weekend I was there and had to walk up and down 7 flights of stairs to my bedroom. Overall a great experience and would stay again...So long as the elevator is operating.

30th May 2018

The rooms are big enough. They could tell in advance one needs a lock for the lockers. But the living rooms are great. They should fix their elevator.

26th May 2018
6.0

Clean and safe enough that you'll be fine if you stay here -- just pretty depressing outside of the lobby area. Rooms sparse. Blankets only on request. Mattress VERY firm/cheap. A/C works so-so. Elevator is probably perpetually broken. The airflow means that the doors between hallways slam loudly. Not social. It was fine but I wouldn't stay here again if I had a choice. Pros: Price was good, easy enough walk to metro station, near Riverside Drive and park -- which is pretty to walk around.

• jacquesella141240
  • Cameroon, Male, 31-40
9th May 2018
8.0

I will strongly recommand to stay there for all travellers. Its like in familly. See you soon

• morganjdunbar1329
  • USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
4th May 2018
5.7

My partner and I stayed here for three nights with an infant. The elevator was out of order and we were placed on the 6th floor. It was extremely burdensome.

• margaret4035
  • USA, Female, 41+
19th Apr 2018
7.1

This is an older somewhat shabby building, not well maintained, with private rooms and hostel-like dorm rooms that share bathrooms accessed from the hall on each floor. The staff were all very nice & accommodating. My small private room was quiet, had its own clean bathroom, comfortable bed, clean towels and linens. WiFi was dreadful and not secure. The TV worked but no cable. No phone in rooms. The elevator went down on my last day. Cheerful staff carried down my bags from the 7th floor.

• kezdavis19869613
  • England, Female, 31-40
17th Apr 2018
8.0

Great location near subway on the red rites which was handing for where we wanted to go. Rooms are value for money, staff were helpful only issue for us were the bath room that were not very clean and the water pressure was a bit hit and miss whether you had hot water but for true price paid and for location this was only a minor marked down for us, if I go back to NY I would not hesitate to stay here again

×