Brown Sugar Backpackers

Fabulous 539 Total Reviews
Fabulous 539 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 31-40
27th Oct 2017

V cool, quirky place to hang out if you plan to spend your chill time at the hostel. High on a hill with dramatic views, great pool/bar/pool table/lounge/outdoor areas & do evening meals (by request). Downside: you have to get taxis everywhere but if their driver's available, he's v good rates. They also organise local guides to take you to the hotspots (we had Jabu who knew everything/one). It was v quiet for our stay meaning no atmosphere, so loved the place but wish we'd stayed in Maboneng.

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2017

Awesome hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. Already stayed here twice before and would stay again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Aug 2017

It was a very nice place, it has everything that you need. You also feel very safe there.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2017

בקפקרס נחמד ממש ביוהנסבורג, אוספים משדה התעופה בחינם והיחס של צוות המקום היה מעולה, ממוקם בשכונה שקטה ביוהנסבורג ממליצה בחום!

2nd Aug 2017

I had booked a dorm bed bUT when I arrived they said they had a group coming and upgraded me to one of their cabins. I could have stayed another week! It was beautiful and quiet. I'm not sure where the rest of the guests were, as I only saw two others the entire time I was there. Great place to stay

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2017

What a quaint little place, the best part was the transportation available as well as the pleasant staff. So much so that I booked a night there before my return flight next month!

• USA, All Female Group, 41+
9th Jul 2017

Terrific stay. Tina was super helpful and everyone was friendly. Perfect way to start our holiday!

• Australia, Female, 41+
7th Jul 2017
6.3

Overall it is fine but I feel there may be better for similar money. Staff were helpful but very noisy. We could hear them at night and early morning while we were in our room upstairs. Nothing is within walking distance and place is a little run down.

×