Brown Sugar Backpackers

8.5
Fabulous 545 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 18-24
16th Dec 2017

One of the best backpackers I have booked so far. I love its style and atmosphere. Everything we needed (transfer service, wifi, breakfast, pool, lovely beds) for little money. We did a Soweto and Apartheid Museum Tour with Jozi Tours that I can also recommend. Definitely a good choice.

3rd Dec 2017

Good accomodations, but a bit far from points of interest. There is an ATM and a bar at the place. The shower drain was clogged though.

• England, Female, 31-40
27th Oct 2017

V cool, quirky place to hang out if you plan to spend your chill time at the hostel. High on a hill with dramatic views, great pool/bar/pool table/lounge/outdoor areas & do evening meals (by request). Downside: you have to get taxis everywhere but if their driver's available, he's v good rates. They also organise local guides to take you to the hotspots (we had Jabu who knew everything/one). It was v quiet for our stay meaning no atmosphere, so loved the place but wish we'd stayed in Maboneng.

• England, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2017

Awesome hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. Already stayed here twice before and would stay again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Aug 2017

It was a very nice place, it has everything that you need. You also feel very safe there.

• Israel, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2017

בקפקרס נחמד ממש ביוהנסבורג, אוספים משדה התעופה בחינם והיחס של צוות המקום היה מעולה, ממוקם בשכונה שקטה ביוהנסבורג ממליצה בחום!

2nd Aug 2017

I had booked a dorm bed bUT when I arrived they said they had a group coming and upgraded me to one of their cabins. I could have stayed another week! It was beautiful and quiet. I'm not sure where the rest of the guests were, as I only saw two others the entire time I was there. Great place to stay

×