Bunkie Hostel

Very Good 231 Total Reviews

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
10th Aug 2018
7.4

The staff here were very disappointing. They preferred to chat amongst themselves than help people waiting in reception. The bar was never manned and you had to go searching for someone to order anything. Staff encouraged and joined a group drinking and playing music loudly in the dorm after 10pm, ending up with them sharing a bed and other staff coming into the dorm in the morning to find them. The breakfast lady was extremely rude. Showers are lukewarm, wifi is adequate and beds are comfy.

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Aug 2018

Lovely hostel and lovely staff. Lovely building, nice beds but most of all great staff. For the first night, I was the only person in the hostel but they still sat at reception in case I needed anything, as well as putting the great breakfast buffet on just for me (something other hostels I have been to didn’t do without a minimum of 5 people). They have also kept in touch with me on Facebook to let me know the status of some post of mine that will be delivered there Very welcoming atmosphere

• bernicar936212
  • Ecuador, Female, 25-30
1st Aug 2018

Me gusto mucho el hostal y me quede varios días. Incluso me fui a Uyuni y volví. La ubicación es perfecta (cerca de todo) y los chicos de la recepción son muy amables y atentos. Mi única queja es con la administradora Jaqueline, una señora grosera y de mala actitud. Su único interés es cobrar a la gente pero no tiene buen trato con los huéspedes. Por suerte solo la tuve que ver una vez. El desayuno es un poco flojo. Pero me volvería a quedar aquí por el buen trato de los chicos y el ambiente.

2nd Jul 2018

Really cool hostel! Booked in a 10 bed dorm and had the whole room to myself. WiFi was great, shower was hot and staff were all really helpful, friendly and spoke good English. The restaurant/bar upstairs was really cool and breakfast was nice. Great location too, overall a very pleasant stay

• England, Male, 25-30
19th Jun 2018
4.6

I came to this hostel very ill, asked the staff where the nearest doctors was, they pointed me to the wrong place which had no medical help, the staff were pleasant enough just not helpful. They made me pay for a night extra which I had already paid for, treid explaining this to them for a long amount of time but they said it was my mistake. Hostel is good enough, just has no atmosphere and overall it's pretty cold and empty most of the time. If you can stay down the road somewhere more homely.

7th May 2018
7.7

There was something kooky about this place, that I liked. Felt a bit labyrinthine. Staff was pretty good, some indifferent and others more cheerful. Wi-Fi worked well on main floor. Front door was never locked or secured but I didn't feel unsafe. It's maybe a 10 min walk from main square and nearby there is a hopping main street that comes alive at night. Lots of food there. Finally, they kept my bag for me while I did a three day trek which is always great.

• haza_green4723
  • England, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Apr 2018
6.9

Lovely staff and good location. However, under maintenance and not very pleasant place to stay. Very nice relaxing area and I can imagine that once all the refurbishment has been done it will be a fantastic hostel.

• oleheiland
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2018

Great hostel with perfect value for your money. Currently a little under maintenance but didn't affect me. When finished it will be even nicer. Staff was super friendly and since I stayed a couple of days and returned we had a little familiar vibe. Breakfast is good (but ask the lady for more jam, and milk for the cereals, she'll give it to you). I will return to La Paz and Bunkie!

• reharrison309073
  • England, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2018
7.1

The bar area is really cool here. But the big issue we had with this place was that we were right by the window looking onto the motorway. The window was broken meaning we were constantly breathing in the heavy pollution which made us wake up feeling ill every day. Of course the pollution is beyond the hostels control, nevertheless it made us anxious to leave. Next time we are in la Paz we won't be staying here again. The WiFi is also very patchy.

• stylkarr2761
  • Greece, Mixed Group, 25-30
25th Mar 2018
4.3

Hostel was under renovation. There wasn't enough toilets/showers for everyone. Breakfast was basic and always late. No atmosphere at all.

×