Caravella Backpackers Cairns City Waterfront

Fabulous 1921 Total Reviews

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
7th Dec 2017
7.4

Hostel is nice, not busy at all and the staff really helpful. Pros: Lot of space outside Staff very helpful Rooms are clean and beds comfy Cons: Curfew of 11pm Wifi is disabled after 10.30pm and only in common areas Lagoon and city is a little bit further than other hostels No lockers in room

• lornabailey951914
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Oct 2017
4.6

Would not recommend this hostel. The location is good as it is near Woolworths and the lagoon. However, wifi is only provided in communal areas and is turned off at 10:30pm, if you want wifi in your room you have to pay extra for this. The rooms are very very basic, with just bunk beds and a shared fridge. The rooms and communal kitchen are also not very clean and the more long term residents are not very welcoming.

• France, Male, 31-40
18th Oct 2017

I had to deal with 2 people Amelia and a gentleman I think was Paul (not sure sorry), they were absolutely legends. Anything we needed were provided and they went beyond our expectations. When Paul learned that I was sick change our share room for a private one to make sure I could recover in peace and Amelia took care of our booking for the rain forest with such professionalism. I would definitely recommand this accomodation to anyone who would spend some time in Cairns. Thank you guys!!!

14th Oct 2017

Love the place. Located in a nice area. Only part I wish they had lockers to put are stuff in. They do have a safe but I prefer it in my reach in case I need something. But over all if I did come back to cairns I would stay here. Another plus is that it’s near the water.

4th Oct 2017

I have been upgraded to a room with air conditionning and private bathroom. Thanks !

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 41+
3rd Oct 2017

Great place however it lacked a good common area.

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Sep 2017

Right on the front. Right near the fleet terminal for scuba diving and snorkelling. They offer good package deals for it too! Very friendly staff and 2 big kitchens and a fridge in my room

×