Caravella Central

• PaulineZollver5435
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
11th Oct 2018
3.1

Dirty kitchen, rooms and bathrooms. The hostel is also really unsocial and yes it is cheap and maybe good for a night but definitely Not longer. Better to invest more money than staying here.

28th Sep 2018

The only thing that i "didn't like it" is that there are not lockers in the room even if there is plenty of space where to allocate them(you can put your valuable stuff at the reception)

• gennady3270
  • New Zealand, Male, 41+
24th Aug 2018

It is worth the money and great location. I like the bunks that are much more stable then in other places. Only Wi Fi connection could be better, often it is weak or no connection at all.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
26th Jul 2018
2.9

Worst hostel of many I have ever stayed in due to the noise and beds. You would not believe or imagine how noisy this place is next to Gillians Backpackers. It was uninhabitable due to the noise, no one in the room got any sleep, one guest stayed in bed until mid afternoon as it is easier to sleep during the day. We all could not believe it. I could not stay to checked out early. It would have been better sleeping in a field or park somewhere out in the open. Dont stay here, you will b

• manijone553202
  • USA, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2018
5.1

The rooms were ridden with bugs, my sheets had stains, and there was hair in the bathroom and showers. There was a hallway light that shone through the window at night and made sleeping difficult. It's a party environment so it was also really loud. A bonus is the $10 meal vouchers to a nearby pub, but other hostels did that as well. I personally wouldn't stay there again if I'm ever in Cairns.

• Australia, Male, 41+
6th Jun 2018

Its worth what you pay for.It has what you need.Fridge in the room is good.Bunks not to high for people to climb on.Not too noisy at night.Close to everything.All good. Id stay again.I got value for money.

• Argentina, Male, 18-24
2nd Jun 2018
4.9

Hotel was disgusting and dirty. There was a cockroach infestation in my room, I found many of them in the fridge. When I told the cleaning the lady about it she just applied bug spray inside the fridge, all over our food. Then I found cockroaches in my luggage and even inside my wallet. I never felt so upset and disgusted. The hostel is just filthy. But the staff is friendly and helpful.

• AnnaCluett
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
31st May 2018

Stayed here 1 night, but deinfately would have stayed longer. It's in a great location and right across the street from Gilligans bar/night club. Directly in the city center and only an 8 minute walk to the marina. The facilities were very clean and so were the rooms. I was in a 4 bed mixed dorm and we had a sink in our room which was nice because we didn't have to go all the way to the toilet to brush our teeth before bed! It's a quieter alternative to Gilligans hostel but still very close.

21st May 2018

Thari at the reception is very kind and helpful, the location is perfect and the place has a nice kitchen and good atmosphere. It was generally clean especially the bathrooms, but there were many bugs in- and outside of our room too and the bedsheets didn``t look that clean. The wifi in our room was not so good. Overall it`s a good place to stay even for more than a week.

×