Caravella Central

• manijone553202
  • USA, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2018
5.1

The rooms were ridden with bugs, my sheets had stains, and there was hair in the bathroom and showers. There was a hallway light that shone through the window at night and made sleeping difficult. It's a party environment so it was also really loud. A bonus is the $10 meal vouchers to a nearby pub, but other hostels did that as well. I personally wouldn't stay there again if I'm ever in Cairns.

• Australia, Male, 41+
6th Jun 2018

Its worth what you pay for.It has what you need.Fridge in the room is good.Bunks not to high for people to climb on.Not too noisy at night.Close to everything.All good. Id stay again.I got value for money.

• Argentina, Male, 18-24
2nd Jun 2018
4.9

Hotel was disgusting and dirty. There was a cockroach infestation in my room, I found many of them in the fridge. When I told the cleaning the lady about it she just applied bug spray inside the fridge, all over our food. Then I found cockroaches in my luggage and even inside my wallet. I never felt so upset and disgusted. The hostel is just filthy. But the staff is friendly and helpful.

• AnnaCluett
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
31st May 2018

Stayed here 1 night, but deinfately would have stayed longer. It's in a great location and right across the street from Gilligans bar/night club. Directly in the city center and only an 8 minute walk to the marina. The facilities were very clean and so were the rooms. I was in a 4 bed mixed dorm and we had a sink in our room which was nice because we didn't have to go all the way to the toilet to brush our teeth before bed! It's a quieter alternative to Gilligans hostel but still very close.

• Hungary, Couple, 25-30
21st May 2018

Thari at the reception is very kind and helpful, the location is perfect and the place has a nice kitchen and good atmosphere. It was generally clean especially the bathrooms, but there were many bugs in- and outside of our room too and the bedsheets didn``t look that clean. The wifi in our room was not so good. Overall it`s a good place to stay even for more than a week.

• salenalindstrom7689
  • USA, Female, 25-30
12th May 2018
5.4

Did not look like pictures at all, rooms were dirty and messy with old food from other guests & smelled like mold. can't even sit up straight on your lower bunk bed as its a bout 1 foot in height. No shared space besides very small kitchen, so not good for socializing. It is in a great location but alot of stairs to lug your heavy belongings up without any help. The staff person was very friendly and helpful. Overall its a cheap hostel in a good location but dissappointed by reality vs. Picture

4th May 2018
5.4

I stayed here for a week and the kitchen constantly annoyed and grossed me out. This may sound silly but would you want the following: The sponge and dish scrubber looked like they were 2 years old. Meaning that everyone who washed dishes with these two items was washing each others shared dishes with dirty, grimy, sludgy, gross old sponges/scrubbers. Really? How hard is it to buy a couple new sponges and scrubbers every week or two. Saw bugs crawling on my bag in my room, ants as well.

• ecmck75833
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2018

The overall stay was awesome ! The staff is very helpful and friendly and the rooms were cleaned daily ! They had proper bathrooms which was awesome ! Each night was a special event whether it was movie night or free drinks at a near by bar ! It was an amazing experience and I would definitely come back

• jamiejoana
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
5th Apr 2018
6.6

An okay hostel. I felt a bit lost there because mainly everyone stayed for themselves. And the facilities weren't very clean.

• jonasforever8451
  • Denmark, Male, 18-24
26th Mar 2018
5.7

Litterally had a begger approach me in the hallway with no-one doing anything, key did not work on my door properly and ants were crawling in the kitchen.

×