Chill On The Beach Hostel

Very Good 504 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 504 Total Reviews

15th Jun 2018

on the Beach hostel is definitely chill and has the friendliest staff ever. The staff is eager to go out of there way to make you feel at home or to become familiar with the city. The rooms are amazingly clean and all the guest are easy to interact with. The location has to be the best that Rio can provide as restaurants, shopping and the beach are only a few minutes away. Chill on the Beach hostel is definitely my second home and I look forward to coming back soon!

• maisiebracher
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Apr 2018
6.0

I didn’t like the fact there were no locks on the doors, the bathrooms had a few things to work on such as broken loo seats and hair on the floor. There was also rotten food in a bowl in the kitchen on the floor. The location is good, very friendly staff and nice outdoor area at the front. The beds were also ripped.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Mar 2018

Couldn't recommend Chill enough! After only planning to spend 3 days here we ended up staying a week because we had such a good time. The staff were so helpful taking us out to the best nights and tourist spots, especially Sophie who was brilliant! The hostel is literally Less than 5 minutes from Copacabana beach and right next door to a massive supermarket so there's everything you need.

16th Mar 2018

Best hostel ever in Rio De Janeiro with the best location surrounded with everything you think about and the beach is one block away , the staff are incredible always friendly gives a lot of information and the best pre party place with daily party some where around , I recommend 100%

• noahprevost453662
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
14th Mar 2018

Chill on the Beach Hostel was perfect! The location is all you can ask for, the staff and the cleaning lady are so sweet and really create a great ambiance! The parties they recommend are very fun, and you can still get a good night’s sleep since the hostel itself is quiet once the bar closes. Would definitely recommend and I’ll be coming back!

• kazamanwar1790
  • England, Male, 25-30
14th Mar 2018

I had a wonderful stay at chill on the beach. Staff makes the place, especially the bartender I don’t remember his name 😄 Location is great, very close to shops and 2 blocks from the beach. I’ll always recommend this hostel.

18th Feb 2018
7.4

The staff is super nice but the facilities are a bit run down, we stayed in the private room, it is very bright in the mornings due to a skylight in the ceiling, but no window for fresh air. Also no hooks to hang our damp towels! The staff is extremely nice though and will help you overcome any obstacle - Noah I’m thinking of yoouuu :D!!! We might suggest though that the sister hostel ‘Walk on the Beach’ may have better facilities and is only 2 blocks away - get your free caipirinha there

13th Feb 2018

I enjoyed my stay here! Staff and guests are ver friendly, breakfast is good. The area was very chaotic during carnival, and felt a little sketchy for a female travelling solo. I can’t speak to the location during other times of the year.

9th Feb 2018
5.7

Atmosphere was not really good. Very nice and lovely lady taking care of the breakfast though. The beds are awful. Smal 3 storey bunks. The matrasses were very bad and made of plastic so the sheet would get off all the time. Room was very small and cramped with no room for things. Would not stay again

You booked a second stay in one of our hostels and left a bad review to both of them. We highly respect positive criticism and use them as indicators of our services, so we can keep on providing the best experience anyone can possibly have in Rio. However, in your case, we truly believe you intentionaly wanted to damage our reputation, since you had plenty of other hostels to choose from when you first checked out. Therefore, we will not address to the points you have mentioned and cannot regard your opinion

6th Feb 2018

I had a great time at Chill during Carnival. What made it great was the people, location, and staff. The facilities were definitely basic and there was a huge up-charge for the week of Carnival, but I enjoyed my stay because it was fun and safe. There were a few things which I did not like. The hostel does not allow outside alcohol in which I am not a fan of (a hostel is supposed to be your home right?) and the beds/sheets are poor. It has air-condition which is only used at night in the dorms.

Thanks for your review. You came to Rio during the busiest week of the year, that is why prices for everything were higher. We do not let people bring their own alcohol because we have a bar, with very reasonable prices, which help people get to know each other and socialize. The air-con in on during restricted time, which is clear on our microsite and informed during check in (it helps bringing down the costs, prices and is also ecologically correct =). We are happy you had a good experience at Chill On The Beach Hostel.

×