Ciak Hostel

Very Good 3421 Total Reviews

• margarettcanning9874
  • New Zealand, Mixed Group, 18-24
11th Jul 2018

Different location to address listed but was emailed clear instructions on where to go two days before and the building is really secure and the rooms are light and clean and have big windows which is great during summer. The staff were helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. Not the most social place but if you just want a place to chill for quiet couple of nights then absolutely do it. No complaints

• lucascamargo4412
  • Brazil, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2018

Everything was good, my only complaint is the cold shower.

• New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
15th Jun 2018
5.1

Hostel address had changed and we weren't told about it. Was told they'd emailed us but we never received a single email. Did not apologize for the confusion at all. Weird hostel, pretty much a converted apartment in a apartment building. They never replaced the toilet paper the whole 5 days we were there. I had to go down the hall and take some off table down there. No sanitary bin either for majority of time we were there. Pretty much no facilities to cook. Would not recommend.

12th Jun 2018
2.0

After I reached Ciak Hostel, I spotted a notice left on the front of the apartment that had the following instruction 'Dear Guest The CIAK has moved to Via Veio, 52/A'. Not a single email was sent beforehand and I had to walk 20 minutes with my heavy backpack and no cell coverage. Via Veio, 52/A is a flat which is temporarily working on behalf of CIAK. ROOM: Beside the extremely bad smell of vomit the bathroom was over flowed with feces. We tried spending most of our time outside except night.

• mohammadahobeidat2650
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
6th Jun 2018

I was lost at first because the location on google maps was the old one, so it took me time to find it. Other than that everything was good.

• ozammar145
  • Syria, Mixed Group, 25-30
30th May 2018

We stayed in a different location as they sent me an email around 10 days before my arrival saying that they are maintaining the hotel and it was really good it was rooms for the same hotel close to the hotel, it was super clean and comfortable and it was near a metro station so it was easy to get to. The only bad thing was that the common area was a little small. The place is highly recommended

• emilyelizabeth2171611
  • USA, Female, 25-30
16th May 2018
8.0

I was expecting very basic accomodations for such a low price in a big, destination city. However, the Ciak delivered the basic with a high level of cleanliness and friendliness that was much appreciated. I had a very early arrival time and they went out of their way to make sure I had the information to get into the building to leave my luggage before a day of exploring. They also let me store my bags for free on the day of my departure. I got more than I expected and was very pleased.

15th May 2018

Was rerouted to a different location than expected due to "technical problems" with the original location. The new place was really nice and clean but lacked the atmosphere and facilities of a typical hostel, since it was basically a big apartment suite with a few rooms. Friendly staff (though not much english). Free breakfast was good too. Good location, close to a metro stop and not far from many of the key attractions. Good experience overall.

• prea106168
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
13th May 2018
2.0

Because we arrived after 7pm, they send us an email on that same day of arrival, to tell us that we had to go to another adress and it was sketchy. We were lost and guessed which appartment to go to, nothing written to tell us where to go. Finally got in with 2-3 other people and no receptionnist like we were promised at the front door. Everybody was lost and we just all wanted the real Hostel in the adress we payed to be in. The real location was just OK for an hostel and the WC was disgust..

• alicia42
  • New Zealand, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th May 2018
5.7

It's not 24hr reception! It's more like 8am - 8pm. You need the door code to get in so make sure your there in time. Bathrooms smelt of mildew and didn't lock but it was an ensuite so not too bad. It was OK for what I paid for.

×