City Backpackers Hostel

• vanttnguyen5767
  • Vietnam, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2018
6.3

Atmosphere was really bad, common room was very quiet, it was more like a library. Definitely not for solo travelers. Took me 20 minutes to find out where the hair dryer is, it's like a maze inside, they provide you a map but it was still confusing. Clean room, comfy bed, good location.

Thanks for your honest comments. I guess it depends on the travelers at the time with the atmosphere. I guess many must of enjoyed their own time. Shame you didn't ask reception about where the hair dryers were located. We would have happily showed you. You are welcome to visit us again, and hopefully we will reach up to your expectations and you will have a better sociable experience. Kindly Charmaine CBP

• smfeibert6717
  • USA, Female, 25-30
15th Aug 2018

Great place to stay in Stockholm! Very affordable; I feel like I totally got my money's worth. Everything felt very clean and safe, which is a huge bonus when you're traveling in a new city. I felt like I was taken care of and could relax as soon as I got there, The social environment was nice, but it was also nice that people were respectful and I could just enjoy a quiet evening to myself before and early flight. The discounted beers and very reasonable breakfast were a wonderful bonus :)

12th Aug 2018

I had a great time staying at City Backpackers. The breakfast in the morning is great. The room had really secure lockers that had outlets inside them so you could secure your electronics and charge them at the same time. This was a great feature. The hostel was also within walking distance of most of the major sights, lots of restaurants, and a couple grocery stores. While I did not use the kitchen, a lot of people did and it always looked clean when I passed it. I would definitely stay again.

• ocathryn9298
  • USA, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2018
7.7

Great location and good space. However, often there were young children with their parents in the larger dorm rooms, as young as a 3-5 year old in my room. I found this inappropriate, and they should set a minimum age to be in the dorms at all. This was especially confusing and irritating as I had asked if I could extend my reservation since I'll be in Stockholm for two weeks, but they said no because it would affect the social atmosphere...but I guess young children do not do that.

Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. We do have a minimum age restriction of 18 yrs old in dormitory rooms, so we will investigate what happened. Glad to hear you enjoyed the location at least and hope you were able to still have a great time in Stockholm. You are most welcome to stay with us again and hopefully we are able to reach up to your expectations next time. Best wishes, Charmaine CBP

• Germany, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2018

The location of the hostel is perfect, very close to the central station!! it was really beautiful designed, the rooms were big enough, each bed with a locker, a lamp and 3 plugs :)You get a good deal for the restaurant next door and free coffee in the afternoon. I would recommend it for your stay in Stockholm!

• nickfro7774002
  • USA, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2018

The hostel felt overrated. Despite the word backpacker in the hostel’s name, the hostel had more of a hotel vibe than a backpacker vibe. Although the hostel was clean and well-located, the atmosphere was less sociable than I anticipated. Personally, I would stay at a different hostel in the future, because this one costs almost twice as much as the competing hostels, which have a similar atmosphere anyway.

Sorry to hear that you will book somewhere else. We offer a totally different experience compared to other hostels in Stockholm, so it depends on your expectations. Good luck in finding the backpacker vibe. Alot of the competing ones aim towards a more hotel feeling. Kindly Charmaine CBP

• Mrjustincarr866186
  • England, Male, 31-40
6th Aug 2018

Great place to stay. Perfect location. Awesome staff and helpful Atmosphere lovely Sauna (nice cherry on top) Clean!!! (love how the cleaners do a great job saw them like clock work each day). Rooms were nice and clean. Down side maybe just limited breakfast. Otherwise I will come back here 100%.

Thanks so much for your awesome review! Cool that you will return to visit us. Always welcome. I will pass on your compliment to the cleaners. They will appreciate this. Safe travels, Charmaine CBP

6th Aug 2018

Awesome hostel! The staff was very friendly and attentive. Great atmosphere as they have a patio with a bar. Free pasta, free coffee after 11 and free WiFi. Highly recommend it.

Thanks heaps for your fabulous feedback. We appreciate the recommendation and glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. Hope to see you again soon. Safe travels, Charmaine CBP

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
5th Aug 2018
5.7

This hostel has a great location and it a a cool place. But during my stay the staff took all of my things (including the valuable ones locked inside their lockers) and I realized of this late night when nobody was there. There's a kitchen but you're not allowed to use it, in a very expensive place like Copenhagen it does not make any sense. Also, for keeping the bags they would charge you extra money. The staff were not that helpful or friendly, they were "making me a favor" instead.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Aug 2018
8.0

Amazing staff, really helped me out when I booked the wrong ferry! The atmosphere was a bit drab - was a little disappointed because I had heard this was Stockholm’s best party hostel. The location is great, but the rooms are SO HOT - unbelievably so given it’s Stockholm. The showers had zero ventilation, there were no mirrors or sinks if you wanted to do your hair/makeup.

Thanks for your honest feedback. Great that our staff could help you out with the ferry booking. Shame that you got the wrong impression of us. We are not a party hostel, so unfortunately you had high expectations which we could never meet up to. You also visited us when we had the worst heat wave in Sweden. Welcome back and hopefully next time we can meet up to your expectations now you know that we are not a party hostel. Best wishes, Charmaine CBP

×