Clink78

Fabulous 7398 Total Reviews

• rajunl
  • England, All Male Group, 18-24
13th Jul 2018

Stayed here during Lovebox 2018. So the location was ideal. It was central London. Located near Kings Cross. Also has corner shops in front for whatever is needed. A Wetherspoons was also near Farringdon Station. So Cheap Booze and Food accessible. Breakfast at the Hostel consisted of Toasts, Cereal, Tea, Coffee and Fruits. All for £2 is brilliant! Hostel was clean and beds comfortable. The bar wasn’t loud at all. Also each bed had two USB sockets and one plug. So charging devices was painless.

• kaylamroden946
  • USA, Female, 25-30
12th Jul 2018

We had a great time! The staff was great! The location was close to both the overground and underground. The only downside was the lack of air conditioning. We were in a private room with a small window that did not let in much fresh air so most of the time we were in our room we were extremely hot. Other than that we had a great stay and look forward to staying with them again!

• kevenarsenault2581
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
9th Jul 2018
7.4

Too many young kids (12-16) disrupting the atmosphere and being loud in the bedroom hallways... Without supervision. The bed sheets were dirty (bodily fluid marks) and the bunks were not checked (dirty ear buds, old shampoo bottles remaining from previous tenant). Overall, great potential but poor execution during our stay. Staff was friendly but slightly clueless in problem solving. This was our cheapest option during busy times in London.

9th Jul 2018

Clink78 was very well staffed. Cheap drinks, and good atmosphere! So convenient if you are traveling through St. Pancreas, as it is less than a 10 minute walk to the station. Great option if you are looking to stay near Kings Cross. My only complaint was the showers on the top floor ran cold. Ended up going down a floor, and the showers were warm there. So not a huge inconvenience.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
6th Jul 2018
5.1

We checked out a day earlier than planned as we were very dissatisfiedwith the room. Although we booked a six bed dorm for 5 of us so we didn't need to share with others, only 4 of us stayed in dorm as it was very small and cramped. The temperature was horrific especially during the night with no fan or aircon. Two of us slept on the floor to try and get cooled down. The heat and lack of ventilation was so severe that it was a risk to our health. Do not recommend!!!

• alexandraturku7510
  • Sweden, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

Fantastic place! Really cool and big hostel with a great bar. Clean rooms and clean facilities. Friendly staff at all hours who help you with any question.

Thank you so much for feedback! We look forward to see you soon again! Best wishes, Patryk. FoH

• Malaysia, Mixed Group, 25-30
6.0

Within 15 minutes walking distance. Quite disappointed with the room been arranged - 8 people bed but different from pictures online. Small and dark. All the bed arranged together so your movement in the room esp on bed is very limited. The air ventilation in the room is not good. So mad when find out the window is actually facing the big dustbin outside and come back with rubbish on my pillow from outside road. The good thing is they have kitchen for you to cook.

• samantha_dillman7537
  • USA, Female, 25-30
7.7

Dorm rooms are a bit tight, there isn’t much room to move around in. It is definitely hot in the summer. Finding a place to put clothing when taking a shower is difficult. But overall, for the price it can’t be beat. Staff is kind and helpful. Breakfast is not bad for 2 pounds. I have no idea what that cheese is at breakfast but I loved it!

• stephanyagrant6565
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
5.1

Although the location was good, for us this hostel was not worth the hassle. The showers were unclean and smelled so horrible we did not shower there. There is no air conditioning in the building and our rooms were hotter than it was outside (30 degrees)! This unbareable best in our rooms kept us tossing the entire night. The staff at the front were rude and unhelpful. We ended up leaving 2 nights early because we couldn’t handle another night there.

Hey there and thank you very much for your feedback. I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would like you too. Please accept my apologies for all the problems with cleanliness of the showers. I will make sure your comments will reach our housekeeping team. I am also sorry for the lack of AC in our hostel - the hot weather has definitely surprised us this year but we have now received additional fans so hopefully the temperature in the room will be more bearable for our guests. Please also accept my sincere apologies for the fact that our staff did not meet our standards. We at Clink are trying our best to provide the best customer service we can and such situations are not tolerated. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you want to give us a detailed description of the issue. Best wishes, Patryk, FoH

• Germany, Female, 25-30
4th Jul 2018
7.7

To be honest, most of the problems I had with this hostel, weren't due to the staff, its cleanliness, the location or most its facilities but rather with its size and the people it attracts. It's rather big and obviously a 'party hostel', which I didn't really feel in the mood for. Call me crazy, but I don't exactly fancy brushing my teeth next to lots of used period pads and a condom, someone left in the showers. I feel bad for the staff, for having to deal with these kind of atrocities.

Hey and thank you for your feedback. Our hostel attracts a variety of people, from individual travellers and families, through school groups to hen/stag party groups. We also have a bar in the basement and I assume it is the main reason why our hostel might seem to be 'a party hostel' as you called. Please accept my apologies and be assured that while we are happy that we can provide an additional entertainment to our guests, we also work hard to make sure that the rest of our guests can enjoy a peaceful stay. There is security working at the hostel overnight who make sure that our are being respectful to each other and keep the noise down as much as possible. Please accept my apologies if that was not the case. I am also truly sorry to hear about the cleanliness of the showers... They are cleaned on a daily basis but all our guests are welcome to come to the reception staff if there are any issues that should be dealt with immediately. I hope the events described by you will not discourage you from staying at any of our hostels in the future and we hope you will have a much more enjoyable time! Best wishes, Patryk, FoH

×