Cocomama

Superb 2646 Total Reviews

• Netherlands, Couple, 18-24
6th Jan 2018
8.0

Walking to the city centre was a bit too far, especially in the cold, but plenty of fast and easy options to get there by public transport!

• mikebodycomb801558
  • England, Male, 31-40
4th Jan 2018

Really nice hostel. The staff couldn't be more helpful.

• thejkuos3973
  • USA, Male, 41+
2nd Jan 2018

Stayed there several days traveling through with my so. The staff there were very friendly and helpful and Eva environment with the other guests was also very nice and felt communal. It is a little further out but is very convenient to the museums and the street markets, as we’ll bus and tram stops.

• shahbaznazir19922655
  • Pakistan, Male, 25-30
30th Dec 2017

My stay was very pleasant. room was little tight but clean and shower was clean with and had hot water. Bridget and Shae were very polite and helpful throughout my stay and free breakfast every morning was really good. it was a little far from the center ~40 minutes walk but tram stop is right outside. I felt it was a little expensive but my reference is berlin/prague, maybe hostels are just more expensive in amsterdam. I would definitly stay again and recommend to friends.

• deandijkhuis4104
  • South Africa, Male, 18-24
29th Dec 2017
5.4

The royal room was great to look at but there is a civilisation of dustballs and litter under the bed, and the smell from the bathroom drain permeated the entire room. The staff were extremely friendly, however, a bit lazy. We paid a full rate, much more expensive than a hotel, to get served a mimosa for breakfast on 1st Jan? The other breakfast was raw crepes and yogurt-an extremely poor effort, and staff were in a rush to clean to have fun themself. The cherry on top - a cat that shat inside.

• Stefaan89
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2017

We stayed at cocomama’s during our stay in Amsterdam. The staff we so helpful once we arrived and settled in the staff showed us a map of Amsterdam and the best places to visit, where all the tourist hotspots were and a few local favourites. They also have a resident cat named joop that stays at the hosel, for all the cat lovers. we loved the atmosphere in the hostel as everyone seemed to get along fantastically. Would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to Amsterdam.

• erickpesantez
  • Ecuador, Male, 31-40
26th Dec 2017

Cool staff, very nice common area and great breakfast.

8th Dec 2017

CocoMama was very cozy. I loved that after a long, cold day of walking around the city I could come back to the living room of cocomama and relax! The 6 bedroom suite was a little tight but the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was in the room as well which was convenient.. location was good as it was just 10 minutes from main tourist attractions, close to public transport yet away from all the noise!

• England, Male, 25-30
26th Nov 2017

Nice hostel. 30 mins walk from the centre but tram just down the road, and in an interesting area in its own right. Bed was comfy and privacy curtain welcome, ensuite shower worked well. I was hungover and catching a flight the next morning so wasn't being the most sociable, but the common area seemed like would be a good place to meet other people if you're on your own!

24th Nov 2017

This was the best hostel I stayed in on my trip. The beds have small curtains you can draw and it's just so comfortable. The staff are wonderful and really helpful. I had a rough time getting there and was immediately greeted with a glass of prosecco, so that certainly made things better. The Albertcuyp market is a little ways down the road and that's the first place I went to. Then I proceeded to go three more times during my trip.

×