Cocomama

9.2
Superb 2755 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 31-40
14th Jun 2018

Hostel is in a great location, very cool neighbourhood, 30 min walk from Amsterdam Central and Red Light District through some of the nicest streets in the city, also close to the Rijksmuseum, Heineken Experience. Staff are great, very friendly and helpful (Shay was great). Highly recommend going to eat at Bazaar if you stay here, which is 5 mins walk away. 100% would stay here again.

• alex_godfrey19916729
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
28th May 2018

Had an excellent stay at Cocomama - the location was very good, the staff were very friendly (with a couple staying at the Hostel being able to get to know guests better). The beds were a little squished into the room, but were nonetheless comfy. The bathrooms were also quite small - if you are larger, I promise you that it will be a tough time trying to sit on the loo. Most guests generally commune in mornings and evenings in the common area, and groups generally went out together. Recommend

• marialovega4394
  • Mexico, Female, 25-30
25th May 2018

Cocomama is love and all the staff mean it. We love to stay here

• USA, Male, 18-24
23rd May 2018

Overall I really loved staying at Cocomama. The people here were absolutely fantastic, the quality of the room was great, and the common area was great as well. Tons of cool activities also that you had the option to take part in, and I would highly recommend doing any of the tours run by Cocomama. Definitely enjoyed my stay.

• dbarozinsky6190
  • USA, Female, 18-24
17th May 2018

The most comfy bed I slept in out of any hostel I’ve stayed at! The staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful. The cat was a plus. I went on the pub crawl with a group of people which was super fun. My room mates were very respectful of the space as well. My issue was that there was black mold all over the bathroom ceiling, which makes it super hard to breath in the bathroom, especially since the bathrooms don’t ventilate well. I noticed this is many hostels I’ve been in.

Ow yeah, we are grateful for the "most-comfy-bed"-award, thank you so much! Great to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the mold in the bathroom - you’re right. We clean the bathrooms daily and they are spotless clean. However we made an appointment with the painter to give a fresh lick of paint - thanks for your tip! XOXO

16th May 2018

Staff are all extremely friendly and knowledgeable of the city. They are usually down to hang out with you (or go out during pub nights) so if you're a solo traveler it makes it a bit easier to socialize. The location is very convenient to different bars, restaurants and little shops. They can also provide recommendations. It's a smaller hostel but travelers can mingle in the kitchen area and participate in hostel events. There's also a cute cat that only moves if you have food!

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
16th May 2018

I have stayed for seven nights and was so grateful for the welcoming staff, great facilities and marvelous atmosphere in the hostel. The obly drawback I can think of is that its a bit far away from the central station and u need to take a tram at 3 euro to get to the hostel.

• amiradibnia220
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
6th May 2018

This place was a great first hostel experience. The team at Cocomama is awesome; gave us a map of the city and marked all important locations to check out during our stay. Clean rooms ,comfortable beds just the bathroom was a bit tight which was not a big deal.Free breakfast in the morning and I had a very relaxed time and met chilled people overall. Best backpacker option available. I Will definitely go back if I am in Amsterdam.

• kellyjdale2214
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
5th May 2018

Great cozy stay with friendly staff and like-minded travelers.

4th May 2018

I think my only real complaint was that the entire time that I was staying here, the light in the awkward room between the hallway and the Windmill Dorm was out the whole time.

Ow that damn light! We are certain that that light is the only thing in the hostel that we cannot get on our side, it's just so stubborn! Nevertheless, we are pleased to read that it was your only real complaint and certainly hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with the Mama's! Hope to see you again whenever Amsterdam is on your calendar again! XOXO

×