Cowgate Tourist Hostel

• linaaminova873775
  • Romania, Female, 31-40
2nd Nov 2018
4.6

It's not clean, it's impossible to sleep in night.

• shaheerapesnani6867
  • Pakistan, Female, 18-24
29th Oct 2018

I stayed here because of a friend's recommendation and it was the best decision I had made. I stayed in a four bunk-bed room. It was really nice and cozy. The washroom was clean. There was a shared kitchen as well, which had enough space to store everyone's thing. Basically, this hostel had all the facilities. The location was perfect as it is located in the heart of the city. It is in close proximity to major tourist attractions. The only issue was that the hostel wasn't wheel-chair friendly.

• katarinaogris8502
  • Austria, Female, 18-24
29th Oct 2018

The hostel was very good! Especially for the low price! The only thing bothering us was that the Wifi in our room didnt work, which was kind of a bummer as it was advertised heavily that all fhe rooms had wifi. Otherwise everything was very good!

27th Oct 2018
6.9

The location is great. Loads of bars close by and plenty of sightseeing around the corner. Some of the staff are really friendly but some aren’t. I think one of the supervisors was particularly irritable and unhelpful. The beds need replacing as they squeak so loud that I could hear them through ear plugs. The website shows this giant bar and outdoor seating area. This only exists in August. There isn’t a communal area for guests so you have to try and force chatter in the rooms

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
8th Oct 2018

Good! Location great. Shame my friend and I were put in different buildings but apart from that fantastic

• ahmed-yusuf8030
  • England, Male, 25-30
7th Oct 2018
6.6

Not too bad for the price I paid but the Internet doesn't work and I had to go outside to use my phone's data.

27th Sep 2018

noisy with pub over the road,but for the price willing to put up with noise.upper bunk beds could do with side bar.otherwise someones going to roll off one day&i got a sore back the beds are old and hard.otherwise its fine.money value excellent

• Germany, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2018
5.1

I would only recommend this hostel to someone really looking to save money while travelling because the only good thing about it is the location. Although it's cleanliness standards are quite ok all the rest is not there: no lockers, no plug ins or individual lights in the rooms, no common area to chill and the environment is just terrible - I dreaded to go chill there and would just go when it was time to sleep.

24th Sep 2018
6.3

It was cheap, and I got what I paid for. One of their apartment buildings didn't actually have wifi so I had to go to reception if I was to use the internet. When I booked two nights I also had to shift rooms which was a hassle. There was also nowhere to lock bags. No lockers, no luggage room lock. But in order to get to the room you had to go through three locked doors so if you trust your 5 roomies, you'll be fine. Beds are also quite wobbly and cheap.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
20th Sep 2018
5.7

The toilet/ shower were broken- we had two of each and on toilet and one shower were broken (unusable). And it was disgustingly dirty, it seemed like they did not clean anything whilst we were there. The mattresses were very old, and there were no Windows in the hallways so it smelled quite badly the whole time because the steam of the shower and the stench of the toilet couldn't get out. I stayed in quite a few hostels over the last year's, I am not picky but that was by far the worst one!

×