Down Under Hostels - Darwin

6.7
Good 258 Total Reviews

2nd Dec 2017
8.0

Average hostel. Good value for what you pay. Dorm room is a bit cramped but bed is comfortable enough. 2 kitchens, 3 fridges, bbq facilities, communal areas, jacuzzi. Big plus - free all you can eat bbq on Tuesday nights. Minus - perhaps have an indoor eating area as well. Also, need to promote events a bit better.

• lindseytite8962
  • British Virgin Islands, Female, 18-24
26th Nov 2017
7.4

Was only staying there for a few nights but the rooms were clean, and the receptionist was helpful when I had to leave! Didn't make full use of the facilities there, but looked good anyway!

• andrewquirk9632
  • New Zealand, Male, 41+
30th Oct 2017

Downunder is a great place to stay, always fun interesting people to hang out with, the staff are always happy and efficient. The Jacuzzi is a selling point and very relaxing outdoor area with bean bags. It's a bit more chilled than some of the hostels in Mitchell Street.

• cheroeliassi
  • Sweden, Female, 18-24
28th Oct 2017
7.4

Very chill and cool place to stay if you are in to basic accomodation. big plus is the washing machine, tv room and the chill areas!

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Oct 2017
4.9

I arrived at this hostel and they let me in before my book in time to sit down and use the kitchen however they didn't tell me when my room was ready I had to ask and there were so many flies outside landing on your legs all the time. When I got into my room I put my bag down and there were really little insects walking around maybe small spiders or ants so that made me not want to put my bag on the floor. The luggage room is in the garden with no key to open it anyone can walk in and take it

HI You are in Darwin, in a sub tropical region. If you can't handle insects, I would suggest you to move to another country asap. Maybe you had food in your bag, which is attracting insects, and this is why we ask everyone not to put food in their bag or the room Small tip : Rooms are ready at 2PM all around the world. Sorry to have make you walk 10 meters to ask us Lugagge room has cctv, and besides a roll of our toilet paper, nothing has ever been stolen there. Have a nice trip

• izabellahillier2987
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Oct 2017

It was my first time in Darwin and the hostel was great! Really good atmosphere and the staff were awesome :-)

Hi, thanks a lot for your review, it means a lot to us We will soon start renovations, hostel will look amazing :) Have a great trip !

4th Oct 2017
8.0

The hostel is OK. No complaints but no great accolades either.

Hi Thanks for your review We will soon start renovations, hostel will look amazing :) Have a nice trip :)

• Thalmr06
  • Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
3rd Oct 2017
5.4

Rather dirty and not well maintained. The hostel appears to be used by a lot of frequent labourers, who live there during the week. It desperately needs a deep clean and upgrades. On the positive side, it's quite enough at night and they offer extras, like free bbq dinners.

Hi Hostel is cleaned 3 times a day. we are the cheapest in town with free wifi, laundry, and brand new matress As we way up here, see you in the NT :)

• France, Female, 18-24
26th Sep 2017

matress was soooo confortable. nice hostel

Merci pour ta review :) Have a nice trip

22nd Sep 2017

down under was great. i was in darwin for 6 days and i heard a lot of stories from backpackers who moved to down under from other hostels because (apparently) most of the other hostels in darwin are terrible (or so i heard). free wifi & laundry, a shaded outdoor tv and hangout area, two kitchens (one of which is open 24 hrs), and AC so cold you'll wake up shivering in the middle of the night thinking you've died and gone to antarctica. what's not to like?

Thanks a lot for your review :) It means a lot to us. Soon we will renovate the bathrooms, and put a deck area next to the jacuzzi. Will look sick :) Have a great trip

×