Dublin International (YHA)

Fabulous 4217 Total Reviews

• Austria, Female, 31-40
12th Oct 2018
7.1

NO WIFI IN THE ROOMS! Out of the way. Lockers in the rooms & friendly staff. Looked reasonably clean, but I only stayed for half an hour. They advertise free wifi but when I arrived I found out that wifi was only available in the common areas, not in the rooms. Bunk beds did not have electrical sockets or nightlights. I canceled my stay and went to a hostel closer to the city centre with working wifi.

• byrne-c308040
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
4th Oct 2018
3.1

Arrived at hostel and were blown back at the level of dirt and neglect this hostel has undoubtedly experienced over the years. Got to reception: rudely greeted by staff and the only thing which made it worse were the guests we were supposed to be sharing with. Made to feel unsafe in ways we didn't expect from a hostel and despite having our request to change room, as a result of the hostile environment in our dorm, we felt just as bad in our new territory. Never visit, would never recommend.

• ekrajnc95631
  • Slovenia, Female, 18-24
28th Sep 2018

Nice clean hostel. Good breakfast.

28th Sep 2018

Large hostel on the north side out of the downtown area but within walking distance. On a busy street so noisy if room overlooks street. Clean except for our under sheet that covered mattress. Large shower room with numerous stalls but it was 1 floor down from my room. I just used the male toilet during the night. Suggestions: genderless toilets, waterproof shower curtains rather than cloth ones which spray water outwardsonce wet and to have chairs or benches to put stuff on outside each stall.

21st Sep 2018

My room was very good shower not so good cold

• Ireland, Female, 41+
19th Sep 2018

Excellent place to stay, very helpful staff and extremely clean and warm. Just a suggestion re breakfast, as some people are gluten intolerant a fruit alternative might be a good idea.

• Ireland, Female, 41+
19th Sep 2018

Excellent hostel. It’s a pity one can’t BOI directly with them online

• England, Male, 41+
9th Sep 2018

Room too hot. The showers didn't seem that attractive to use.

7th Sep 2018
7.4

I only had to stay one night before I leave the next day. Pretty average for youth hostels. Unfortunately there's not a lot of warm water for the guy's shower. You just have to be patient for it a bit though. If you don't have your padlocks for the lockers in the rooms, they provide these automated locker system which has a 6 hour rate. Breakfast was mediocre, though the food hall is impressive. Staff was great and they even pointed me to deals for the Jameson distillery.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2018
6.0

Not a nice location, it may be close to the center but I would say the area is a bit dangerous. Not a great environment to get to know people/travelers, staff is helpful but not really nice. I felt like I was staying in an enchanted boarding school. Random people staying at this place, I had the feeling that it was not just a hostel but people actually live there. I know is a cheap option but next time I rather pay a bit more to stay in a better hostel! Wifi is only available in common areas !

×