Dublin International (YHA)

7.8
Very Good 3896 Total Reviews

3rd Jan 2018
2.6

Very bad attendant services. Huge place with bad warming system. Bedrooms have 10 beds and 2 electrical outlets... Bed clothes poorly washed, expensive towels (2,5 Euros). A filthy bathroom with horrible showers. For this price I already found MUCH nicer hostels in Dublin.

3rd Jan 2018
3.7

Expensive towels hiring, there was no WiFi connection in the rooms! Also no close power plug to the beds, and also no lights in each bed as usual in every hostel nowadays.

• ycaspersen1034
  • France, Male, 18-24
1st Jan 2018

I only stayed at Dublin International (YHA) for one night, so my experience with the place is limited. However, the staff was really cool, it was free for me to have my suitcase stored at the reception and the lockers in the dorm were good. (Bring a padlock or buy one i the reception). The breakfast wasn't great, the self-catering kitchen was really dirty and the toilets were stinking, and that's why I rated "Cleanliness" so poorly. I enjoyed my stay, but there are definitely better hostels here

• Italy, Couple, 25-30
31st Dec 2017
7.4

Good atmosphere, dirty toilets, very noisy. It seems like the building needs some maintenance.

• skovtoun1883
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
29th Dec 2017
2.0

This should be rated less than 1. This hostel was so terrible that I never want to return to another one. It was dirty, it was creaky, you can hear people getting it on from 3 doors down and it was cold. The heating was terribly calibrated so the air was dry and it was always either too hot or too cold. I booked a private room so that I could have an individual washroom and that was not available apparently so I had to use the common restrooms. Overall terrible experience DO NOT BOOK HERE

• bencheyney7644
  • England, Couple, 25-30
29th Dec 2017
5.4

On arrival we were given the wrong door pass/room number & were able to walk into strangers room. No soap in ground floor men’s toilet all week. General cleanliness of bedroom not very clean. Noise levels were extremely high ALL NIGHT and walls did not prevent any sound. Major problem was we had to keep the window open 24/7 to prevent our room getting too hot (the air was also unbearably dry and stuffy in December - our radiator wasn’t even on!) meaning street noise was also problem.

28th Dec 2017

Staff was very helpful and the private room was then expected!

• Poncho0396
  • USA, Male, 18-24
27th Dec 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, of course its not a hotel so not everything is perfect but it is really decent. The staff was great and the facilities were pretty clean. They also serve a free light breakfast (cereal, toast, tea, milk, etc.) which its a great way to save some cash and fill yourself up.

21st Dec 2017

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. We had a private room for a week for two adults and a baby. The hostel was safe, clean, quiet, and all staff were very friendly. In fact, the family atmosphere of interacting with the staff was one of the two main reasons we had such a wonderful experience. The other was the attention to detail for families - from high chairs in dining areas, to toys in the lobby. Location is great, and staff helped me find a quiet place to work online.

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
16th Dec 2017
7.7

The hostel is a bit far from city centre. Might take about 20 minutes of walking. Otherwise, it's a great place to stay.

×