Essential Hostel

7.9
Very Good 821 Total Reviews

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
14th Oct 2018

A very nice hostel, with pretty much everything included. We had a really nice stay, and wanted to stay longer, but it was fully booked that day. Would recommend.

• michellemoore4511317
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
2nd Oct 2018

This place was fantastic! Loved the staff, heaps of fun and super helpful. Great location. I stayed longer then what I originally booked. And would definitely stay again.

• tommjacksonn6852
  • England, Male, 31-40
1st Oct 2018
6.9

The hostel is close to local amenities and attractions so it is a great stay for sight seeing in Budapest. The staff were kind and were happy to help us. The major downside for us was that there was no lock to our door room and the lockers were broken. So I was concerned about security for us and our belongings. Further, we were led to believe when making the booking that all taxes were inclided. But when we arrived we had to pay further tax. I will be contacting the hostel about this.

Thanks a lot for the useful information dear friend. We will examine the issue and keep developping our hostel :) Essential Team

6th Sep 2018
2.0

overall terrible experience. no ventilation in the rooms so the windows were left open and i kept getting bit by mosquitoes. couldn’t sleep at all and when i asked for a refund the manager kept saying excuses to not give a refund. even suggested i get a refund from the roommate who opened the windows. very unprofessional. when i addressed the problem the staff weren’t surprised like it’s a common problem. whole hostel is dirty and the showers don’t work properly. definitely wouldn’t recommend.

Hey there! We are sorry for the uncomfy experience. Hope next time you will find a better hostel for yourself, Essential Team

• fergalwalshe4476
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
30th Aug 2018

Offered more than i could have ever hoped for. 3 of the staff memebers took us to a live a music gig. I'm sure that this isn't the norm!

Slainté dear friend :) Feels amazing when our effort is appreciated! Essential Team

30th Aug 2018
5.7

Dirty, poorly maintained. Weird layout and not at all conducive to socializing comfortably with other travelers. Our private room was available late and not well cleaned, yet when I asked for a little extra time to checkout the next day they were very strict about the time because "they needed to clean". Bathrooms were disgusting, not cleaned, and many things were broken. It's obvious they took pics when they first opened and haven't maintained anything since. There are many better options.

Thanks for the honesty, take care. Essential Team

• emmadanielsed8185
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Aug 2018

I only booked this hostel to shower in between buses and rest. The hostel could have a more noticeable sign as I walked past it a few times. The room was great and showers have definitely been fixed from what I read of the last reviews. I would definitely return and the price is brilliant. The man who let me in even insisted on helping me carry my bags to my room. Would definitely return!

Thanks a million, take care and see you soon dear friend :) Essential Team

28th Aug 2018
5.4

I had stayed here about two years ago, so I was expecting the same amazing experience as before but it was very different. It was clear they haven't been maintaining anything. The bathrooms and showers were either gross or broken, most of the lockers were broken- the hinges on almost all of them were falling off. We asked different staff questions and didn't get any helpful answers about both the hostel and the city. The atmosphere was very weird- not easy to meet others. Location was great.

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
27th Aug 2018
7.1

As a basic stay I would recomment this hostel. Nice that you can get your own compartment because of the thin curtains between the beds. Own bathroom in the room. Unfortunately there are no curtains at the windows. So you see all the light from outside. I needed my eye mask. Think about this: If your room is on the side of the street, there is a lot of noise +- till midnight and from 6. You'll need some earbuds.

Thank you dear traveler. Next time you could easily ask earplugs from the reception! Essential Team

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2018

Only stayed for one night. The rooms were lovely, with good sized comfortable beds, and the location is pretty perfect! The only downside was the shower, only freezing cold or boiling hot and absolutely no pressure, so not for you if you love a fab shower in the morning! Other than that the hostel and staff were lovely!

Huge thanks bro :) Essential Team