Essential Hostel

Fabulous 690 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 690 Total Reviews

31st Mar 2018

i had amazing time!! I loved the place!!

• England, Female, 25-30
15th Feb 2018

Excellent value for money, warm, nice location, close to centre, shops and restaurants, lovely staff, lots of free activities going on in the hostel. Bathroom facilities a bit basic but including everything you need. Definitely would stay here again next time I'm in Budapest!

Hey there! A huge thank you for the kind words, hope to see you soon dear friend :) Essential Team

3rd Feb 2018
7.1

The hostel has a good location and the staff is nice but it was the dirtiest hostel I have ever been! My private bathroom smelled so bad I had to use to community shower, that still had a bad smell!

Hey there! Thanks a lot for the honest words and also for staying at us. Take care and see you soon, Essential Team

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
3rd Feb 2018
8.0

The location of the hostel is fairly central, you're minutes away from the Parliament and the city centre, public transport is near too. In the morning there is a basic breakfast, really nice. I stayed in two different rooms, in the first one the bathroom smelled really foul, in the second one a window is broken so that's quite unfortunate. But overall the staff is really polite and will help you if you ask them too.

Thanks bro, take care. Essential Team

• Vietnam, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2018
5.1

The mattress cover was duty, I don't think they have changed it after the previous guest. The bathroom was also messy.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, progress is on. Take care, Essential Team

25th Jan 2018

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel. The staff have always been really friendly, the lockers are really big, there are privacy curtains around the beds and plenty of sockets. The hostel is situated in a beautiful old Budapest apartment building, which is only five minutes walk from the Danube. Also, the hostel is very close to Arany Janos Utca metro station. You must arrive this way - it's like walking through the best science-fiction film set. Mind-blowing!

Thanks a lot Laurence, take care and see you soon :) Essential Team

• Netherlands, All Male Group, 18-24
3rd Jan 2018
6.9

Generally a great price/value for Budapest. Don't expect cleanest bathrooms or best free breakfast though...

Thanks mate, see you soon! Essential Team

30th Dec 2017

I really enjoy my stay at Essential. The staff was especially helpful, when I needed information and guidance for solving a problem and getting around. A great community of hostel goers have found their way there, and my time with the people was among the best parts of my trip to Budapest.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
18th Dec 2017

The hostel a son very entertaining with all the good quotes everywhere. The stuff was super nice. The only not so happy thing was that during breakfast 40 euro got stolen from my wallet in the little case next to my upper bed. So lock all your things all the time with the small locker you can get and everything will be fine :)

Hey there! We are sorry for your loss, since than we have installed cameras to each sensitive place of the hostel. Happy New Year friendo! Essential Team

16th Dec 2017
5.1

first, we put our luggage in the safe room till the time of check in, after we coming back we discovered that there were 200 Euros has been stolen from my friend's bag. secondly they added additional 3.66 Euros although it is written on online receipt that there are no additional fees. thirdly, water pushing is not working properly , the thing that I couldn't take a shower because of it finally, you may think it's individual case, but when you decide to go to that hostel, you will know im right

×