Euro Hostel Edinburgh Halls

Fabulous 433 Total Reviews

• carlos_1006780
  • England, Male, 41+
24th Aug 2018

I’m a hostlel newbie so first time for me. For £50 per night it was spot on for a place to Chill out after a 4 hour drive before heading out into the city centre. It was also bang in the centre of the city night life and a two min walk from the club I was going to see the gig at so was ideal at 05.00 when it was kicking out time. Could have done with more shower facilities per landing than it had but that was it. Other than that it was a decent enough place with friendly and helpful staff

Many thanks for the great feedback

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
24th Aug 2018

We had a nice stay. They are separate rooms with a shared bathroom, so you get your own space. Loved the location, close to the mile but busy at night.

• ameliamad72
  • England, Female, 18-24
21st Aug 2018

Amazing value for money at this accomodation. Clean and tidy and feels very secure. Only problem is I wish i’d known it was an entire room each, not just a dorm bed as advertised as me and my partner paid for two beds but only needed one. Overall fantastic.

Many thanks for the great feedback, hope to welcome you back again next year.

• Australia, All Female Group, 31-40
20th Aug 2018
7.7

Good location had everything we needed. One of the more bizarre experiences I've had in a hostel tho with a woman walking the walls screaming for hours, beginning at 5am. Tho not a reflection on the hostel, it was weird as!!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
16th Aug 2018

The location was perfect! 5 min walk to the high street and 5 min walk to Grassmarket. It was also only a 15 minute walk from New Town. Our room and the bathrooms were very clean and I liked that front desk staff were there 24/7. Having an elevator would have been nice when we first arrived with our bags as we were on the top floor so if you have mobility issues perhaps request a room on the bottom or first floors. Would definitely stay again!

Thank you so much for the great feedback

16th Aug 2018

This Hostel is a very good price for the location and the room. I orginally thought this was going to be a dormitory style hostel but its a college dormitory with private rooms and share bathrooms. Its in a great location in the heart of Edinburgh. I wish the bathrooms were kept a bit cleaner and the doors were fixed so they dont slam. If your looking for a hostel environment this is not the place. I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for taking time out to review your stay.

• England, Male, 41+
12th Aug 2018

Stayed for a few nights during the Edinburgh Fringe, which I attend every year. I've tried lots of other options like hotels and airbnb, sometimes slightly out of town because of the cost. The hostel was a perfect base to get to literally thousands of shows and although basic, it had everything we needed, a clean comfy bed, spotless bathroom and a kitchen at the end of the hall. If you're put off by the potential of noise keeping you awake, don't be, it's actually very quiet.

Thank you kindly for the great review, I am delighted you had a good stay and found us to be clean with a great location, hope to see you again next year!

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
9th Aug 2018

Not much atmosphere here but amazing location and remarkably quiet considering how large it is/where it is.

Thanks for staying.

• USA, Male, 41+
7th Aug 2018

Great location—-great price—-friendly staff

Thank you very much for the feedback.

3rd Aug 2018
6.0

Walked into the check-in counter only to hear another girl at the desk panicking over a rat in her room and the male staff member basically brushed off the issue/too lazy to care. Zero atmosphere. Also, one staff member (tall blonde girl) was incredibly rude to me while I checked in. I've never felt so unwanted as a guest before and I've stayed in over 30 Hostels. Luckily I was only here one night. Only good thing was the clean bathrooms and good location.

Hi there, I am very sorry to read your review, this is not normal feedback for us, our staff are praised at their customer service so I cant help but question this. I am delighted you had a good stay after all and found us to be clean.

×