Gardiner House

Superb 728 Total Reviews

• cmmartin4158512
  • USA, Female, 31-40
15th Jul 2018

Fernando makes waking up such a pleasant treat - always a smile at breakfast, and such a nice person. Again, Lucy was a great help on check-in. Honestly, the staff make Gardiner what it is 💚

10th Jul 2018

Was very happy with my stay here. It is a bit of a walk to get to the city center, but totally still walkable. Has a very big kitchen if you prefer to save some money and cook. I really enjoyed the outdoor common area, met a lot of people out there. I had a small room shared with just myself and 3 other women and it was great, with a nice bathroom out in the hall. Staff was all very friendly and helpful as well.

9th Jul 2018
7.4

Gorgeous, very secure, clean hostel with a great kitchen, TV room with DVDs, and outdoor patio area. The problem is that the hallways and rooms where guests sleep did not have adequate ventilation causing them to be WAY to hot, especially at night. I lost a lot of sleep due to discomfort. Many other guests in different rooms confirmed this. Also, weather really is not an excuse - it was 56F at night (13C) with a high of about 67F (18F) during the day both days. Not very hot, even for Ireland.

• saahern5559258
9th Jul 2018

This was the nicest hostel I’ve stayed in so far! It was clean, bright, comfortable, nice staff. I stayed in a 4 person female dorm. Location was ok, a little far from the major downtown but not too bad. Wouldn’t walk alone at night but day time is fine. I would definitely recommend this hostel! Location aside, just looking at the hostel itself its a 10/10

Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to review your stay at Gardiner House! We are over the moon with all the positive comments. Regarding the location, we are located within the north inner city centre, however we fully understand that sometimes walking can be a bit tiring, hence there are several major bus routes just at our doorsteps. We look forward to welcoming you back at Gardiner House in the near future! GH Team.

• bridgiedrum8687
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2018

This hostel was perfect. Great facilities with a huge kitchen, heaps of showers and toilets and really good beds. Stafff were brillant, and were very happy to help with anything. Breakfast was great with lots to choose from including fruit. Location isn’t to bad, just a short walk into the centre. Overall very happy and would definitely come back.

8th Jul 2018

My favourite place in Dublin

• lupas19959674
  • Italy, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2018

it’ s a very nice hostel, i’ ve been there for 3 days. i booked for a 6 people mixed dorm, the room was clean and the people friendly!! it’ s the perfect place if you are a solo traveler and you want to meet people from all around the world!

HI! Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we love to hear back from our guests! We are so glad you had a good time. Hope to see you again sometime soon!

• amandatveidt2987
5th Jul 2018
5.1

This location is not so much a hostel as it is a halfway house. CCTV everywhere. "Breakfast" was a bowl of cereal. Zero tea or coffee. Zero Fruit. The neighborhood is very sketchy. As a woman, I did not feel comfortable walking alone at night there. I checked in early to drop my bags off and clerk snapped at me that they didn't have a room ready. No Fan of Air con, very noisy street.

Hi! Thank you for the review, we love to hear back from the guests who have stayed with us. We are sorry to hear your bad experience. Please note that unfortunately the weather has been a problem with regard to guest comfort but we are so glad you got to enjoy the very rare Irish sun! We are also happy you got to use our luggage room, our check in time is at 3pm sharp; this is only to ensure that every guests checks in to a clean room. We hope you get to come back to Dublin and give our hostel another try!

• blagahris8211
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2018

One of the better hostels I’ve stayed at!! Super clean, kitchen was super spacious and all facilities were always available. Nice atmosphere and staff. I could defintely stay here long term and will be considering it again on my return to Dublin!

• scheunemdaniell8554
3rd Jul 2018
7.1

It was very clean and security was good but the staff was not very helpful with my questions and they weren’t very inviting when it came to activities and things to do. Besides that, it was a good place to stay.

Hi! Thank you for the review, we always love to hear back from our guests. We are sorry to hear that the staff were not very friendly, we will keep working on being as cordial as possible! Hope to see you again soon!

×