Generator Barcelona

Fabulous 1122 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1122 Total Reviews

26th Dec 2017

Generator hostel is a great place to stay! The staff is super nice, they have self-laundry services, and rooms come with a shower, sink, bathroom and hairdryer. The location is also perfect because it’s a seven minute walk from one of the most popular streets of Barcelona and from the closest metro line.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving your feedback. It's important for us to hear how your stay was. We are pleased you had a good time and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Best regards, Irene Sabadell, Front Desk Team

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th Dec 2017

Generator Barcelona was very clean. The staff was helpful and recommended things to do in the city, which was helpful as most things were closed for part of our stay in Barcelona (we were there over Christmas). The only thing that I found inconvenient was that this hostel did not have free luggage storage. They charge per hour of luggage storage, which is not something i had seen anywhere until my stay here.

5th Dec 2017

With much enthusiasm, I tell friends & family how Generator Hostels are in league of the best. They are I say the "Cadillac d' Seville" of all other hostels! Had wonderful stay in Dublin before Barcelona and in Barcelona met very good people which included the staff.

Hola! Thanks for sharing you experience @GeneratorBarcelona It's so cool to know that you had a great time with us!! Medea Amado, Front Desk

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
8th Nov 2017

Staff are super friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and there are extra bathrooms on each floor if your ensuite is occupied. Location is not too bad, we managed to walk everywhere and loved the different chill out areas. There are social events for guests, but also a good hostel if you're not too fussed with meeting people. Beds were great but the lockers can be quite annoying under the bed. The keycards are tricky with the elevator and rooms, but staff were quick to fix our keycard.

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review on the Generator Barcelona. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you felt the Generator experience. We hope to welcome you back to Barcelona! Matias Schualle, Front Desk Team

• margot923
  • Taiwan, Female, 31-40
21st Oct 2017
4.3

Always a lot ppl standing the entrance... they put a lot money for deco bar & restaurants, look fancy for outside, but the room is very poor for what I have paid! 8 ppl share one room, but the toilet and shower room doesn't separate, wet on the floor, toilet and the toilet paper is also complete wet after someone showered... feel dirty always Kitchen area is in the basement, small bad. A refrigerator may be smaller than your suitcase! Only a microwave, not even a sink...

Thank you very much for your stay and review about Generator Barcelona. We assure you that your complaint and feedback will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our service further. Hope to see you soon, Nuria Molina, Assistant General Manager

9th Oct 2017
8.0

I stayed at Generator Barcelona for 3 nights per recommendation from some friends. I'm not a partier, like a large number of people staying there, but there weren't problems with noise. I stayed in an all-women 6 person dorm, and I always felt very safe in my room.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving your feedback. It's important for us to hear how your stay was. We are pleased you had a good time and we hope to welcome you back again soon!, Matias Schualle, Front Desk Team

• USA, Female, 25-30
26th Sep 2017

Generator is about as slick and clean as you can get. Basically a hotel with dorms. Neighborhood is fairly good. Not super packed with restaurants and bars but there are good ones near by and not quite as lively as gothic district but also a little less touristy. Front desk staff was great and beds are super comfy and quiet! Layout of room was also great (no one was next to a door). Overall nice place with a very party hostel vibe.

Hola! Thanks for sharing your experience at Generator Barcelona. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. Regards, Matias Schualle, Front Desk

23rd Sep 2017
7.7

I enjoyed my stay. Just needs to have more activities at the hostel to make the space more socially engaging. Great location and walking distance to everything.

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving your feedback. It's important for us to hear how your stay was. We are pleased you had a good time and we hope to welcome you back again soon! Matias Schualle, Front Desk Team

19th Sep 2017

Great hostel, great breakfast, worth the money. My only complaint was that I arrived at 1am and I went to go use my key card and it wouldn't let me into my room. I went back downstairs and asked for them to make sure it was programmed to the room on my paperwork and they said it was, I tried it again and still couldn't get in my room. Luckily a staff member walked by me as I was failing again and he tried my card and it didn't work so he used a master key to let me in. Just was not fun at 1am.

Hi! We are delight to know how much was a great experience to you. Hopefully we will be welcoming you soon in Gen Barcelona or in any other Generator around the world. Thank you so much for your sweet feedback and sorry about the key!, it was de door that ran out of battery!. See you soon Matias Schualle, Front Desk Team

18th Sep 2017
7.7

This hostel is okay. Not very social environment, in the common areas. I got lucky with my roommates who were also solo travelers. The two girls at the front desk reception weren't very friendly and seemed annoyed the whole time. The bartenders in the bar area were nice and made good drinks but a little pricey. Overall decent stay with average sized rooms. If you're looking to meet people as a solo traveler and a social hostel this isn't the best for that. If you are in a group then it's fine.

Hola! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on the Generator Barcelona. We were very disappointed to read that we have not met your expectations on this occasion. We hope to see you again in the future to show you how amazing Generator Barcelona can be. Kind regards, Matias Schualle, Front Desk Team

×