Generator Hamburg

• fmachadov5507
  • Venezuela, Male, 18-24
13th Jan 2018
8.0

Very good spot on location and things to do. Only complaint is the bathroom which is very small and I could not fit very easily

Hi, thank you for sharing your impressions of the Generator Hostel Hamburg. We know that our bathrooms are not very spacious, but there are additional ones on every floor. Hope to see you again. Best regards, Florian Bauer General Manager

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Jan 2018
8.0

Good hostel for value, excellent location, but facilities lacking compared to a lot of hostels - lack of decent common room/lounge and kitchen facilities and not allowed to bring in your own food and drink.

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay at Generator i Hamburg. That really helps us a lot to improve our service! Unfortunately we don't have a public kitchen, but we're offering a restaurant with lots of different food options available. Our new bar offers you some space to hang around and to have some drinks. The rule with no drinks is only including alcoholic drinks - of course you can bring you water. We would be happy to welcome you again! Regards from Hamburg, Janosch (Front Office Crew)

• cassandralian1729
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Jan 2018

Still waiting for 50 euros which I paid for a bike rental deposit like one week ago!!! Nice beds, the toilet and shower inside my 8 bed share room was far too small, couldn't even wash my face properly, because a shelf is right on top of the washing basin... Clean and spacious.

Hi, thanks for your review. The deposit for the bike rental can take up to 14 days until it is on your Credit Card. Let me know if you have further issues with the Deposit. Best regards Florian Bauer GM

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5th Jan 2018
8.0

Pretty good hostel, beds are super comfortable for a hostel, wifi is pretty stable and the bar and common areas are nice. The area gets a bit seedy at night but its right next to the central station, so you cannot complain about the location. Breakfast is slightly expensive, there's no kitchen and the showers are mega claustrophobic. Decent stay on a budget.

Hi, thanks for your constructive feedback. It seems like that you have had a great time in Hamburg. We would love to welcome you again @Generator Hamburg. All the best Florian Bauer GM

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Jan 2018
7.1

Atmosphere was lacking, small bar with very expensive drinks and not much room to meet people. Very clean, decent space. Good location by the central station however the neighborhood itself is kind of odd, not much to do anywhere near the hostel or many places to eat. Not a far walk to some of the sights but if you’re looking for fun or a nightlife, this isn’t the place. Overall good for one night!

Thank you for the review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Generator Hostel Hamburg. See you again in Hamburg. Yours Florian Bauer General Manager

3rd Jan 2018

Overall, very nice. The bathroom and shower rooms were a little small but the beds were quite comfortable. Felt very safe here.

Hi, thanks for your great rating. Good to see that you had a good time in Hamburg. Hope to welcome you again in the Generator Hamburg. All the best, Florian Bauer GM

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018

Amazing location. Really enjoyed the ambiance with music, a place to relax with a laptop, bar, cafe. And a thumbs up for the live music band. It was incredible. Some staff were helpful, others gave me false information about my key card that wasn’t working one evening, saying the battery door was low, and if I want I could change room or have security to open my door every time. Rooms should be cleaned more often. Other than that, I would definitely come back on a next trip.

Hi, nice feedback! Seems to me that you had a good time in our Bar. Thanks for your review. We are working on the keycard issue and will have it solved very soon. Best regards Florian Bauer GM

• Australia, Female, 18-24
1st Jan 2018

Great location - literally across the road from both the central train and bus stations. Staff were lovely and rooms were clean and comfortable. Nice area for hanging out downstairs. Would visit again!

Hi, we would love to welcome you again in the future. Thanks for your feedback. Bets regards Florian Bauer GM

28th Dec 2017
7.7

The place is very nice, as the location. The staff was not friendly. I felt like they were doing me a favor, but it was't such a big deal because ind the end I didn't have much contact with the staff.

27th Dec 2017

Stayed only a couple nights, but the beds were very comfortable and having complimentary breakfast in the morning was so nice. Would have loved to experience the bar they have in the main lobby, but not enough time on this visit. My only issue was with the key to my room not working, but the front desk staff helped get it fixed. Would recommend staying here!

Hi, thanks for you great review and the very constructive feedback. Hope to see you again in Hamburg. All the best, Florian Bauer GM

×