Generator Hostel Dublin

• elizabeths5302
  • USA, Female, 18-24
19th May 2018
6.3

It was just too expensive.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
15th May 2018
7.1

I stayed here with a friend so we could watch a concert in Phoenix park but I wouldn't recommend drinking in this bar as the prices were more expensive than inside the concert. We arrived home on night and asked The lady on reception to help us order a pizza as we were a little drunk it was more difficult to ring however the woman did not help in any way (15/5/18) she responded with asking us what our problem was (just wanted help ordering food) we didn't know the address.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We are sorry for your interaction with reception. We will speak to our Night Manager about your review. Thank you

• nolan887764
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
13th May 2018

Hostel lobby was very nice and has its own bar. Staff is great and very helpful with directions. The rooms do not include towels and the sink and shower in our room were extremely slow to drain, occasionally spilling onto the bathroom floor.

• jtkaiser925880
  • USA, Male, 25-30
13th May 2018

Great Hostel Location with sufficient amenities. The bathrooms were much cleaner than hostels I've stayed at in the past. Overall, a great hostel for the price!

• sancheza11645
  • USA, Female, 18-24
11th May 2018

I booked last minute and they hiked the prices up quite a bit, which was annoying almost $70 a night but I had no choice. The bar is really nice fun place to hang out, lots of common areas, the room is pristine clean and nice big private showers . They don’t have a hostel kitchen. A bit far from the main area. It’s more of a hotel than a hostel I feel but very clean and safe.

• cmedeiros100233
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
10th May 2018

Great hostel! Probably my favourite ones that I stayed at in Dublin! Staff was very friendly and helpful, everything was always very clean! About a 10-16 min walk to Phoenix park or city centre. The bar atmosphere was really nice for those nights you dont feel like leaving the hostel. The hostel felt more like a hotel! Long hallways, operating elevators. Only down fall, there is no kitchen to make your own food. They don’t offer free breakfast. Overall wonderful experience

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
6.9

We stayed a total of two nights at Generator and each stay was 5 nights apart. The first room we stayed in was cramped, hot, and uncomfortable. There are no women’s showers on the 2nd floor, so be aware of that. Having a locker under the bed is a big plus. The atmosphere was alright, most people were traveling solo or staying only one night, so most didn’t speak. The second time we stayed the room was much better. Very spacious, but still extremely warm. Overall, had an okay stay at Generator.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. We will pass your review about the room you stayed in to our management team. Thank you

• sarahbmorgan
  • USA, Female, 25-30
10th May 2018

This was my first solo trip and my first time ever staying in hostels as America doesn't really have them. I was very impressed! I stayed in many over my 2 weeks around Ireland and this one is the most new looking, clean and modern. I loved how it had a bar and Cafe inside and Security always at the door made me feel safe. Huge lockers under the beds for luggage and tons of outlets. I stayed here at the end of my visit as well again because I was so impressed!

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and detailed review of Generator Dublin. We are glad to hear that you had such a positive experience. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you Reception

• robertmaxwello9136
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
10th May 2018

Great facilities, nice bar, great burgers, great location, clean rooms, secure, nice staff

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay and review of Generator Dublin. Glad to hear you had a great stay. Thank you Reception team

• kkeaneuac3664
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
3rd May 2018
3.7

My flight arrived late. I told them my late arrival time they said it would be no problem. There was someone in my bed. They did not move him and said its late and only for one night. I slept on a bed with no sheet covers or blanket. At night woman said breakfast was included but next morning they said it was not.

Dear Guest, we are very sorry for your experience. We will process a refund for your stay today. Thank you Reception team

×