Generator Hostel London

• sdissel247704
  • USA, Female, 18-24
14th May 2018
8.0

The location was great, front desk staff was very helpful, especially Taylor. However, when I arrived the sheets on my bed had not been changed, and when I told them that I was just given a clean sheet and told to do it myself, no clean pillowcase or blanket. This happened to several of my roommates as well.

Hi there, Sorry you had the experience with your sheets. We do not make the beds but provide clean linen for our guests to make their own beds.

• pbecerracano7641
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
6th May 2018
7.4

Only stayed there one night. The place is huge! So if you are travelling solo, it might not be the place to stay, it felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Location is alright, about 20-25 min walk to the beginning of the city center

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have many common areas so hopefully there is an area to suit everyone.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6th May 2018
5.4

This is a terrible hostel. The rooms had no power points or bed side lights, so you had to wake everyone up every time you came. Also my room came without a pillow. The corridors were smelly and very dirty, and so where the showers. The staff were friendly but very unhelpful and kept giving me the wrong instructions for the train They charge a rediculus amount of extra for everything. I was charged 8£ to store my bags and 7 for washing. I won’t stay here again

Dear guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hostel after your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. At Generator we always aim to deliver an awesome experience with great service and hospitality, making people feel like they are “home away from home”. It really saddens me when I read that we didn’t meet a guests expectations and I am so sorry that this is the case with your visit. Our team are there to help 24/7 and it is unfortunate that you did not feel like you could address this issue with them immediately. In order for us to grow and prevent this from happening again, we would like to contact you to discuss your comments in more detail. Please contact us on london@generatorhostels.com so we may get in touch at your convenience. In the interim, I have taken your feedback onboard and shared it with the relevant teams to learn and assess what we can do to prevent this from happening in the future. Once again, we are very sorry for your experience and we hope that you give us another chance to show you what a great place Generator is! Kind Regards Guest Relations Team

3rd May 2018

Good location, room was a bit cramped but locker draws under bed were good, showers were temperamental and flooded other parts of the bathroom, quiet at night despite a lively bar downstairs, all in all a good place to stay in London.

Dear guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hostel after your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. At Generator we always aim to deliver an awesome experience with great service and hospitality, making people feel like they are “home away from home”. We are sorry to hear you found our showers a bit temperamental next time you visit us please let receptions know if you have any troubles so we can send someone to help you :) We hope to see you again Kind Regards Guest Relations Team

6.6

Great location. I’ve stayed at the Generator in several other cities. London is the most dated and least cleanly of the ones I’ve stayed at. However, overall this is a good spot and I would stay there again. The 4-person rooms are tiny. The shower situation is the least ideal part about this place; no changing space in the shower you have to switch stalls to change and nowhere in the shower area to keep your belongings dry while you shower... odd setup. Room for improvement.

Dear guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hostel after your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. At Generator we always aim to deliver an awesome experience with great service and hospitality, making our guest feel at home. It really saddens me when I read that a guest did not enjoy our offerings and their expectations were not met. Generator London is a very old building that was originally a police training barracks. Unfortunately with it being a listed building, the opportunity for us to change the shape and size of the rooms is not there. We have arranged the rooms in the best possible way to accommodate our guests comfortably and safely and I am sorry you feel we haven’t achieved that. If you would like to provide us with your room number, we could have a look and see if there is anything else we could do to make it better. Next time you visit any of our hostels, please do not hesitate to visit our reception team who would be more than happy to try and find a solution for you. We hope to see you again soon Kind Regards Guest Relations Team

• England, Female, 25-30
6.3

The 13 mixed dorm room I stayed in was very basic. I've experienced lots of hostels, and this one was basic. It also was extremely loud with thumbing music and other outside noises. The toilet I went into had no toilet paper and was dirty. The staff weren't really helpful or friendly upon check in, just doing their job. It's in a good location. The room I was in, everyone was quiet but friendly enough. In my experience, it was all pretty standard.

Hello, we are disappointed that you felt this way as it is not our usual Generator experience. We have shared our feedback with our team and will discuss.

2nd May 2018

Huge hostel, feels like a commodity. Rooms and beds are eh but not bad. Could definitely use a power outlet in each room. The bar is an alright place to meet people. I would say I have no strong feelings one way or another about this place. Good value for the money

Hi there, we aI am sorry that you were unhappy with the limited plug sockets in your room. Unfortunately our hostel is not a new build and the power outlets could not be changed. Our social spaces have been designed and fitted out with numerous power points and most of our guests prefer to be out of their rooms and in the lounge area.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2018

We had a nice stay at the Generator London. There were 2 of us in a 4 share, which was good, perhaps a little small. However the beds were quite good and there was a good amount of lockable storage space. The charging stations are not right next to the beds which is annoying and there are no PowerPoints in the girls bathrooms which I found annoying! But overall it has a great atmosphere, friendly staff, amazing location and also pretty quiet. I would recommend this place!

Hey! Yes due to health and safety regulations in the UK we are unable to put power outlets in the bathrooms. We have them in one area of the room or under all the seats in our café and chill out rooms.

• maxjadeclark4087
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2018
5.1

Damp, smelly, expensive. I was in an underground room which was dark and depressing. No curtains. No bed light. No bed chargers. I moved hostels to save money and the change of environment has boosted my mood so much.

Hi there. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the limited plug sockets in your room. Unfortunately our hostel is not a new build and the power outlets could not be changed. Our social spaces have been designed and fitted out with numerous power points and most of our guests prefer to be out of their rooms and in the lounge area.

• coopercollins
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
29th Apr 2018

Great place to stay had a lovely time. Wish I stayed there on a weekend

Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to give us this lovely feedback! We would love to see you again soon! :) Regards, Reception team

×