Generator Hostel London

Fabulous 5448 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
17th Aug 2018
6.0

I spent two nights at generator hostel and it is honestly so overpriced. The rooms I stayed in were both TINY, and only had one or two power outlets on the opposite side of the room that weren’t sufficient for the amount of people. No hot water in the shower while I was there, and when I arrived a little bit early for check in they told me I had to pay eight pounds to storage my bag even though I later found out they had a storage room. The page made out like breakfast was included but wasnt.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
15th Aug 2018
7.1

Stayed at the Generator in Berlin & Paris & loved them, which helped me choose this hostel but I was left underwhelmed & unimpressed. The staff were stressed out & unhelpful, and I never saw the reception without a queue. Reliable aspects are the lockers under the beds, large rooms, free wifi, key card entry, BUT no bedside lamp or plugs, no AC, expensive towel hire (£5), & nowhere to put your things in the shower cubicle. Would prob try somewhere else nxt time I’m in London.

• donaldmcloughlin8790
  • USA, Male, 25-30
15th Aug 2018
4.3

Unsafe! I checked in late at night and the hostel manager said that there was an error and I needed to give him cash for my stay. I didn’t have any cash, so he told me I needed to leave my credit card or my passport as collateral. This seemed very suspicious, so I refused. He then put pressure on me saying to find another place to stay, however it was very late and I wouldn’t be able to find other lodging. I argued with him for a long time until the system ‘worked’ again. Hope mgmt contacts me.

• cbanasakis6082
  • Greece, Male, 31-40
14th Aug 2018

Amazing people. There was a misunderstanding as I booked via an app and the staff really went over their way to keep me happy. Tayler the Kiwi guy at reception amazing person and Alex the GM also awesome. If you’re looking for a vibrant and central place in London, Generators is the place to be.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
3.4

After checking in to my room I discovered it stunk of smoke I wasn't the only person who complained. I asked to move rooms, I was expected to pay to move to a room that didn't smell of smoke. I was put on the 5th floor the lift was broken. The rooms where poorly ventilated 2 old noisy fans where in our room. You couldn't open the window. I couldn't sleep due to the noise. Also not enough sockets for everyone in the room. WiFi was glitchy.

Hello, We are sorry you experienced these issues during your stay. We have a designated area to smoke which is very handy but unfortunately sometimes, specially when hot, the smell can go out o fit. We try to accommodate guests as much as possible and we're sorry you weren't happy. Regarding the windows, due to health and safety, these can only be opened to a certain point. It's enough to ventilate but might be not enough during the heatwave. We apologise for all troubles you had. We hope to make our experience better if you ever decide to stay aging at Generator.

• michaelhincks2096150
  • Ireland, Male, 18-24
10th Aug 2018

Absolutely fantastic value for money, found the place pristine for a hostel and in particular I found the bar downstairs very good and very sociable. I was staying on the 6th floor and the elevator was out of order yet the hostel offered 20% off food and drink vouchers for the inconvenience. Overall I'd recommend this place if planning a lads trip to London etc. and I'll probably use it again.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's great to read you had such a fun time with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience with the lift being out of order as this is in no stretch of the imagination incredibly frustrating, not only for our guests but also for our team. A technician was called out immediately and unfortunately there was very little that we could do. The problem was fixed as soon as possible, but I am sorry for the wait you incurred whilst with us. I hope that overall you had a nice stay and I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back to our hostel soon. Regards Guest Relations Team

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3.1

Rude staff, elevator not working, non helpful staff to help with baggage. I have a health condition and couldn’t physically carry my things up 3 flights of stairs, I booked this hostel specifically because they have lift access. The staff member said I looked healthy enough to lift them myself which was disgusting. Also blood on my bed and cleaners refused to do anything about it and told me to cover it with a sheet.

Hi there, please accept our apologies that you were made to feel this way. Unfortunately due to a safety issue the lift is out of order and requires a new part to be ordered which unfortunately does take time. We know this is frustrating, as it is also for our team. At certain times we do have someone available dedicated to helping with luggage but this is difficult to have 24hours a day.

• juliafrith922337
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Aug 2018

Good and bad here. The location, beds, showers, atmosphere in the bar, cafe food all good. The fire doors on all bedrooms close with a loud bang, so the noise prevents any sleep, even with earplugs. In a hostel, there are comings and goings all night, so sleep is impossible. Only stay here if you don't need to sleep or the doors are changed to soft-close fire doors!

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback! We are sorry about the issue you had with the doors. This is a very big hostel, so if you need to take some rest I would recommend a smaller place, but if you feel like partying next time, this is the right hostel ;) Regards, Reception team

• ladouxjero7429
  • Argentina, All Male Group, 25-30
8th Aug 2018

The bedrooms where to hot. The rest was awesome

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback! This weather was so unusual for London :( We hope you got the chance to have fun anyway! Hopefully we'll see you soon! Regards, Reception team

• trr-047770
  • Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Aug 2018

Highly recommend this place, friendly staff, clean, easy to get to. Good food & drinks.

Hey! It is great to hear from you, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back soon.

×