Gogol'Ostello & Caftè Letterario

Fabulous 473 Total Reviews

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
2nd Jan 2018
6.0

When we arrived we were the only people checked into the room, yet the room had a really pungent smell of BO... The bath mat in the ensuite was filthy - had dirty footprints and hair all over it, and our beds were against the heater (which you're not able to adjust) so we were boiling all night! Also the breakfast was very small, not self-serve, and you had to pay if you wanted seconds... However, sheets were clean!!

• cassiakolling72
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
29th Dec 2017

Thank you for the help in my check-in with my friend that was already checked-in! I was late because of the train in Lecco so it was impossible to arrive before 10:30pm.

• simonelawson104362
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
24th Nov 2017
7.4

Staff are nice and lots of space in the rooms and a big common area. But was not told about some sort of book club party they were having on the saturday night so came back to both floors of the common areas full of randoms who were not staying at the hostel

• England, Female, 31-40
22nd Sep 2017

I really liked this hostel, I only stayed quickly overnight before travelling to Florence the next day but was impressed by the room, staff and location. Really nice, thoughtful interior and good breakfast.

• Morocco, Male, 25-30
18th Sep 2017
7.1

The + : Very clean rooms. Calm The - : Far from the city center ( you cannot go out after midnight and find the metro The breakfast is weak (a cup of coffee a small croissant, 3 biscuts and a biscotte and you cannot have an extra cup of coffee) The atmosphere is so boring, no activities (pool, babyfoot) no bar inside, the lights are off after 11 pm.

• nk0512907106
  • England, Male, 25-30
17th Sep 2017

great hostel in a central location in Milan, breakfast included, and lots of room in the common area to meet new people! would stay there again for a night or two. only bad point is no kitchen.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
16th Sep 2017

Really lovely place, great breakfast and very comfy. Good location to the centre and lovely area

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
13th Sep 2017

This hostel is beautifully decorated and well maintained with friendly staff and great breakfast. Rooms are secure and lockers are provided. Downsides are no kitchen; only one ensuite toilet (in shower room) shared between six; and location is not particularly close to anything.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2017
7.7

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Gogol'Ostello. Although it's not very central, you can easily reach everything with the metro stop that is close by. Plus the supermarket around the corner was very helpful for me. The hostel is clean and the books that they keep everywhere create a lovely atmosphere. The only thing I didn't like so much was that the bunk bed I stayed in was very unstable and there was no railing or anything on the top bed.

2nd Sep 2017
7.7

Decent place, loads of books everywhere which is always a good thing. To be fair I was sick as a dog while I was in Milan (nothing to do with Milan, I got sick in Albania), so I probably didn't appreciate the city or the hostel as much as I could, but the staff there were helpful directing me to the pharmacy, and even ringing ahead to one restaurant to explain that I was sick and needed a plain rice meal to settle my stomach! The rooms/beds are fairly average, though en suite bathroom is a bonus

×