Golden Gobi

8.8
Fabulous 901 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Nov 2017

Golden Gobi is an incredible hostel. The staff are all very nice and have a good command of the English language, and they are very helpful. My small group arrived without a concrete plan for what to do in Mongolia, and the staff on hand organized an excursion to stay with a nomadic family (transportation, food, and guide included) within two hours of our arrival without advance notice. Our guide was incredible! Should I return to Mongolia I will definitely use Golden Gobi again.

• it18977999
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Nov 2017

Golden Gobi was simply fantastic. It was clean, spacious, and the staff was friendly and incredibly helpful. When my friends and I arrived, they offered us an overnight tour out into a nearby national park for only $69 a person. It was incredible! The hosts we stayed with were positively lovely and our guide and bus driver were the coolest people ever. All part of Golden Gobi. For free they helped us arrange transportation to the airport. Next time I am in Mongolia, I know where I'm staying!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Nov 2017
8.0

Staff were not particularly friendly, the tour organiser was not overly facilitating when it came to joining a tour, which we wanted to do as we are poor backpackers!

31st Oct 2017

no complaints

• vika85life774
  • Russia, Female, 31-40
28th Oct 2017
6.3

Уборка оставляет желать лучшего, очень грязно. Нет фена. Завтрак что есть, что нет, сами покупали все, зато есть холодильник. Алтан-Цэцэг - замечательная, очень приветливая и отзывчивая. Остальной стафф - ужас. Расположение отличное. В общем, среднее впечатление.

23rd Oct 2017

Great hostel. Very helpful. Clean and friendly. Breakfast is nice. They are happy to arrange tours. Stayed here in 2015, and again in 2017!

• USA, Male, 41+
19th Oct 2017

One of the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever seen.

• lienhard31038
  • Germany, Couple, 31-40
18th Oct 2017

Great hostel, great location. All good.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
13th Oct 2017
8.0

Pleasant stay. The staff were very helpful.

• USA, Male, 25-30
1st Oct 2017
4.0

The staff I first encountered was unwelcoming and not too helpful. They don't provide you a key so when I rang the front door not only did it take a while for them to answer, the staff answers the door seemingly upset I want to come inside. The bottom lounge's heater didn't work while it is -4 outside which is ridiculous. Lastly, the tours they offer are way overpriced. Search elsewhere for a hostel and do some research so you aren't forced to attend their ridiculously overpriced tours.

×