Goodtime Beach Hostel

Fabulous 1030 Total Reviews

• rileywhite8904
  • USA, Couple, 18-24
9th Jan 2018

Awesome place to stay with an even better staff. We had a private room and it was exactly as advertised. Definitely gets noisy at night but we knew that going into it and it helped talk us into going out anyways. Would definitely stay here again

• sarahbrooklyn
  • Israel, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2018
3.4

the bathroom is gross. was no electricity and when I told the reception she didnt seem to care. The sheets were dirty. I found dirty underwear and socks in the room. and the staff wasn't very friendly. not worth staying there at all.

Thank you my dear for your feedback. First of all, your review is the first from 1000+ where our loveliest staff were accused of being “unfriendly”. We are proud of our reputation of the hostel with the best customer service and we do everything we can to take the best care of our dear guests. And quite a few guests who witnessed the hysterical scene that you, my dear, made up in the common room because of the power cut, were (for some mysterious reason) incredibly happy that you had finally left. Yes, there was indeed a power cut on the WHOLE ISLAND (that was clearly explained) for a few hours due to installing new generators at our Koh Tao Electrical Government station. There was nothing we could do about it. I am sorry that you couldn’t dry your hair and download your pictures on Instagram in time and this seemed to be the biggest tragedy of your life (according to your behavior). We clean all the bathrooms twice a day and if it seems to smell “gross” to you – probably you should work on your diet instead of blaming us for this issue :) Dirty underwear and socks (along with used condoms that my cleaners had to collect from the floor after your check out) I do believe could appear in your room after you brought those 2 South African gentlemen in the middle of the night (for what you in a nicest form was told off by my “unfriendly” staff). Same could happen with a “dirty” sheet. It was fresh and clean upon your arrival, but after that wild night, you, ladies, had experienced on the first and only night of your stay at our hostel, we basically had to throw it away. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and my best wishes to the place that will host you next! Valerie, the hostel manager

4th Jan 2018

Everything was great except for the extremely loud music. If you don’t plan on being awake until 4AM this isn’t the place for you.

3rd Jan 2018

• THE BEST HOSTEL EVER. Seriously. The rooms are cleaned every day. The staff were all super friendly and they organized game nights and awesome quiz nights at the hostel. Great location right on the beach close to all the nightlife. I've had the best time, so much that I extended my stay twice. If you're looking for a hostel on Koh Tao you won't find a better place. 🙂

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018

This was a really good hostel especially if you are looking for a party hostel. Can be very nosey till very late so if you don’t want to party this is not the place for you. Ideal location right on the beach and plenty of options for water sports. Staff were really friendly and accommodating. Clean rooms which is always a bonus. The communal area is really good as gives you an chance to meet other travellers! Would recommend staying here again.

• GTRobinson103012
  • England, Male, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018

Book this place whilst you can!! Best hostel I’ve stayed in without a doubt. The atmosphere during the day and night is lively and there is always someone to chat to. The rooms are really spacious and clean, along with comfy beds. Great location right on the beach front, and just a short walk to restaurants and bars! The staff are fantastic and can’t do enough to help. Me and a friend managed to extend our stay and even cancelled another booking elsewhere!

• England, Couple, 25-30
1st Jan 2018
5.4

Superb location and helpful staff but I’m afraid that’s the only positive I really have...we booked a double room and it was not very clean at all. Other people’s hair was left in the bed and the bathroom was filthy - the toilet was not one which flushed either and you have to pour buckets down it to flush. Stayed at much nicer hostels which at least have standard cleanliness. Not impressed. I reckon the dorms are a lot better to stay in at this hostel, don’t bother booking a private.

Thank you for your feedback. First of all, my dear, you had arrived at 10PM that is 3 hours past check in time and 2 hours past our office hours. The room you have originally booked was already taken by the guests who wanted to extend their stay with us and were waiting until 8PM to see if we had any no shows. When you finally appeared 3 hours later, I personally drove down to the hostel to see what we can do for you (as it was the 1st of January and I knew that everything around is going to be fully booked and I didn’t want you to be stranded or resort to sleeping at the beach). I found the only room we had left, the pervious guests had checked out from this room late that evening and I personally cleaned it for you and changed the bedding as our cleaners work 9AM to 5PM. I had clearly explained the situation to you, and you were extremely grateful and you still chose to stay with us anyway. I am sorry if you were not satisfied with the cleanliness but I am the hostel manager, not a cleaner and it was a late evening on the 1st of January so I assumed I’d done everything possible for you. In any other hostel /hotel (that “at least have standard cleanliness”) you would be sent away to sleep at the beach and certainly with no refund given, I have no doubts. Its baffling to me how someone can be so ungrateful under your given circumstances, mais c’est la vie! I am happy that we have 900+ positive reviews from our guests to prove you are wrong. Safe travels, Valerie, the hostel manager.

• England, Female, 25-30
31st Dec 2017
6.0

I defiantly had a good time here and met some great people. However hostel is super loud as above 2 busy bars, and not very clean. If you are looking to party and meet people this is the place for you. If you are looking to relax I would avoid this place and stay a little further away :)

• enhoueiss5766
  • Lebanon, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2017
6.6

I stayed in sea view room, the view was great. We had one bathroom for the 8 mixed room and it was kept clean. The door lock requires replacement becausing it was so hard opening it. Very close to the party, you cant sleep before 3 am. Met great people there and had a lot of fun.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2017

The most perfect location but as it is on the beach very sandy and dirty in the rooms. BUT it does say that in the review of the hostel so was prepared when we arrived. The staff were absolutely wonderful and the location is perfect!!! As it is on a bar it is VERY loud if you try to sleep early but perfect if you are there to drink and party!!

×