Greenpoint YMCA

Very Good 705 Total Reviews

• darevjdg8247
14th Oct 2018
6.6

A funky place, very little by way of class, heavy plastic sheeting over the matresses makes yo think they get a lot of incontinent drunks!! But I needed somehthing near the Warswa club so this was ideal. For the money NOT A GREAT VALUE compared to much better Vanderbilt Y in Manhattan

• earnshawdarren215
  • USA, Couple, 31-40
12th Oct 2018

For a hostel...staff are brilliant...rooms basic...best value in Brooklyn if you are low maintennace

• yowilliamo9110
12th Oct 2018

I was pleasantly surprised how well the YMCA worked out for my trip. The facilities, room and bathroom were all clean, the bedding is comfortable enough snd noise was not an issue, I did not need to play white noise on my phone to drown out noise but it’s nice to have just in case. Lately, I have been listening to rain sounds on Spotify. This is no frills lodging that I found to be an exceptional value and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thank you. Bill

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Sep 2018

Close to subway and restaurants. Room was spacious and bathrooms good. Staff were helpful and let us check in early. Didn’t have a mirror in our room which was annoying but overall was ok and would stay again.

• ralfservice2183
  • Brazil, Male, 41+
16th Sep 2018

The Leisure Center / Swimming Pool Facilites are very Good. Rooms Facilities need improvement on Doors. Also Restrooms on same level will by greet. Good Value money. Reception Team very helpfull... Breakfast is oferred by near restaurant. Simple but very Good.

• tamlyn_vlanen3746
  • Netherlands, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2018

Wonderfull stay. Loved the friendly and helpfull staff. Great value for your money!

• tcmeads1595
28th Aug 2018
4.9

When I checked in I was told the pool was closed for the week. I might have gone somewhere else had I known it was going to be closed. I did not receive any clean towels the two nights I stayed. At check I asked why and they told I had to leave my towel outside my door, I was never told this at check in. I stayed on the 3rd floor and the only bathroom for men was on the 2nd floor, this was VERY inconvenient. Overall I was rather unhappy with my stay and this hostel.

• hdcook55019
  • USA, Male, 25-30
4th Aug 2018
6.3

For the price, the location and amenities aren't too bad. However, there is only one men's bathroom, located on the second floor (my room was on the third). The cable for the small TV didn't work and the room was a slight bit run down. Overall, the experience was positive.

4th Aug 2018

Nice place to stay. Location in a nice neighbourhood. Staff were really nice. Not a typical hostel but a pleasant place to stay.

• oliutton6573
  • England, Couple, 25-30
30th Jul 2018

Basic accommodation but very clean, friendly staff and great location!

×