Grids Tokyo Asakusa-Bashi Hotel&Hostel

Superb 44 Total Reviews

• kavitarb4565
  • Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

There was people that came into our room at 1:30 am and woke us all up. They shouldn’t be allowed to check in at that time. It gave us a fright and we couldn’t get back to sleep because we were too scared.

• sammytaylor8857
  • England, Male, 25-30
12th May 2018
6.9

Extremely limited dorm room. Made sorting through luggage a bit of a nightmare with so many other people. Also the lockers being right behind the door was strange placement, you’d get whacked by people opening the door if you were putting stuff in your locker. Only one shower on my floor was also a bit of a pain in the morning given how many dorms were on it. Not a big deal though, and was a satisfactory hostel for the price. Great location, quick walk to Akihabara and Asakusabashi.

• USA, Female, 25-30
19th Apr 2018
7.1

Overall it was very quiet and calm. The rooms were clean but very small. They provide one locker that is extremely small and charge for towels.

• pandasuze6122
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
15th Apr 2018

I stayed in a twin private room with my travelling partner. As a light sleeper Grids was great, each floor only has a few rooms and there are lots of doors. Our room had a nice big shower in a private bathroom. The staff are very friendly, and are a the desk 24/7 so you can buzz in if you come back after midnight. Optional 600Y breakfast was tasty. We didn't check out any of the group activities but the calendar said that there was an okonomiyaki night. I would definitely stay here again!

14th Apr 2018

This place was really cool. Sadly I was just there for one night and passed out, but when I arrived a man was leaving and the entire front desk staff was SO SAD to see him leave, he hugged everyone goodbye and wished them well and left. And he left the entire staff very sentimental and happy one with tears in her eyes, tears of happiness. That really moved me a lot. The staff is very helpful the place is immaculate and the pods were actually really comfortable. A small walk from the train

• melliep25731
  • Canada, Female, 31-40
13th Apr 2018

Very clean with great staff. The common area is tiny. Most people end up in the lobby if you want to relax or eat outside of your room. The station is great for airport access and makes it easy to get to other parts of Tokyo. It was a quiet place when I went and in a very quiet area. Good for sleeping then to head out. My only real complaint was having the lockers right behind the door. I almost squished another person on my first day and was later almost squished by another person.

• dannyjryan9328
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
8th Apr 2018

I have always had good experiences staying at Grids Hostels and asakusabashi was no exception. This is in a great location for checking out nearby Akihabara. I enjoyed getting to know the neighborhood of asakusabashi, as well. The only downside was the kitchen was tiny and not a good place to socialize. Beds were clean and comfortable. Showers werent the cleanest but better than most. The sleeping cubbies in the mixed dorms provided enough privacy to keep me comfortable.

• kiarabin955