HI NYC Hostel

• mattjalittle6196
  • New Zealand, Male, 18-24
17th Sep 2018
6.6

Place itself was nice and clean but the hostel had so much potential for awesome vibe and atmosphere but staff did nothing to facilitate this. Evening activities were unethusiastically organised with little participation due to staff. Felt like staff didn’t want to be there at all. Rest of the place was cool though and ideally located for train around Manhattan.

• Wales, Female, 18-24
13th Sep 2018
6.3

Overall the hostel was really cool, however , my first time travelling on my own I was scared and the area wasn’t great, staff didn’t make me feel welcome they didn’t bother explaining where anything was or what was happening within the hostel, and if I asked questions they were very rude about it.... the food and the smoothies were AMAZING!!!!!!! But again staff serving were very moody. I didn’t feel like the hostel tried to get people to together and get involved, felt completely abandoned.

• Dopp_Cathy7144
  • USA, Female, 41+
13th Sep 2018

Great time, great tours, great location! A well run organization that I highly recommend.

• annathespangler9103
  • USA, Female, 18-24
11th Sep 2018

This hostel definitely skews older. Pretty much every woman in my room was above 35. If you’re young and really extroverted there’s still plenty of atmosphere for socializing/partying. Still, most people I saw were alone or with the group they arrived with. The hostel facilities were wonderful as a base to explore the city from, excellent location and clean rooms/bathrooms.

• Ben_Harman
  • England, Male, 25-30
11th Sep 2018
8.0

Very frustrating to turn up and be told my room I had booked 2 months in advance was not available for me. I was staying for three nights. Ended up getting downgraded and was going to be charged $15 more until I mentioned this was not the right thing to do. Ended up paying my original amount for a downgraded room, frustrating! However, the cleanliness, facilities and location are great. Just make sure you get the room you book!

• matiasfurer8770
  • Argentina, Male, 18-24
10th Sep 2018
4.3

No me dieron ni desayuno por 75, 1 persona atendiendo y mas de 40 personas se querian ir, hay que pagar hasta para el Lookern. La ubicacion es buena pero tampoco estas cerca de nada.

• sjlagan5627
  • USA, Female, 18-24
9th Sep 2018

This hostel was lovely. I was impressed by the cleanliness and security of the building. I was in an 8 bed dorm and my space as well as the shared bathrooms were clean and lockers were provided. The location was also wonderful. The city noise was significantly more bearable than other Manhattan locations and it was about a 10 minute walk from Central Park, 20 minute walk from museums like the Met, and just a block away from the subway toward downtown locations. I was also impressed by the cafe.

• Trexaty
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
9th Sep 2018
3.7

During my time here i stayed in 3 different rooms. First night i got back to my locker cut open because they said there was leak in my room and i had to be moved, this was just a lie. They had to accomodate a group to that room and moved me like this due to poor planning. Ruined my good travel lock and went through my belongings. The rooms are VERY HOT and HUMID, they turn aircons off at 2am. Staying here ruined my trip to New york. I regret staying here so much.

• dinaliyevs6222
  • Kazakhstan, Male, 18-24
8th Sep 2018

Service is awesome, u won’t find better place for this price. I strongly recommend u get this place

• cwess158402
  • USA, Female, 31-40
7th Sep 2018

I REALLY enjoyed my stay here. It was a last minute decision to stay after a planned birthday trip became a solo trip. I would recommend this hostel to anyone that's open to be adventurous and meeting new people. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! 😊

×