HI Portland Hawthorne

Fabulous 580 Total Reviews

• ivonnelopez23238701
  • USA, Female, 18-24
28th Oct 2018

Wonderful place to stay! Highly recommend it!

• hopeofdawn5383
  • USA, Female, 41+
26th Oct 2018

Beautiful place in a quiet, cozy neighborhood with lots of nearby amenities. Everyone was very friendly, and the private room very comfortable!

Awesome, so glad you had a good stay! Happy Travels!

• foot15and3quarters6755
  • USA, Female, 31-40
20th Oct 2018

HI Portland was great! The location was perfect for everything I needed and the staff were friendly, helpful and hardworking. I will recommend this hostel to friends. Thanks especially to Steve and Blackie!

• katedagreat
  • USA, Female, 18-24
13th Oct 2018

Had a great stay at the Hawthorne! Funky atmosphere (as in good funky) and very clean, comfortable and cozy. Making pancakes in the morning was a treat and Blackie was great company out on the porch. Would stay here again!

Yay, we are very pleased that you were happy with your stay. Blackie sends her regards!

29th Sep 2018

Good place liked the pancakes

• Australia, Male, 41+
24th Sep 2018

Everything was done properly. Blackie the Cat was a superb host.

• jaycswartz8248
23rd Sep 2018

Laid back, peaceful place on a main street just east of downtown.

• andrewpwichmann3873
22nd Sep 2018

I think it's fair to say this was one of the best decisions on my trip across the US so far (it's kinda hard to beat Burning Man, though). This was the first time I had ever stayed at a hostel, and I'm liking it so much that I have decided to stay an extra few nights. This hostel is super eco-minded which I adore. There is a free breakfast of oatmeal, DIY pancakes, or cereal and coffee/tea to boot. I also really appreciate the full kitchen which allowed me to save loads by cooking in bulk.

Wow, we are honored to be spoken with such a regard. Thanks for your comments!

• lhd0225
  • USA, Female, 31-40
19th Sep 2018

This hostel may be the oldest that I've ever stayed in. Fun fact, one of my Lyft drivers explained to me that it use to be a nursery back in the 70s. The location was perfect since Hawthorne is a neighborhood that is the epitome of Portland. I stayed about a week and felt as though I got my money's worth. I was walking distance of a bus stop, food trucks, a gas station with an ATM. With it being said of being an old building, the beds were squeaky. It was not the softest mattresses.

15th Sep 2018
7.1

HORRID mattresses and squeaky bunks. Felt like I was sleeping right on the metal frame. Two showers in the whole place, just FYI. Convenient location to exceptional vegan Mexican food, baked goods, and pizza. Cool old house that is very eco - PLEASE invest in better or new mattresses!

Thanks for your comment. Sorry if you had a tough time with your bed. We'll take a look at that mattress and bed and see what's going on. Next time if there's an issue, please tell us while you are here and we'll try to accommodate you and make it right. Happy Travels.

×