HI San Francisco - Downtown

Fabulous 5360 Total Reviews

• zwfeng815
  • China, Male, 18-24
11th Nov 2018

The staffs at the front desk were really friendly and helpful, we had a great time staying here! Thank you!

9th Nov 2018

Only stayed here for a few hours, basically just to sleep overnight. Breakfast was good (bagels, bananas, apples, etc.). Parking nearby is very expensive, so make sure to factor that in

7th Nov 2018
5.4

A little disappointed from that hostel, the staff wasn’t great and did any really seem to care about the gusts, the hostel “activity’s” if you can really call them that why, are not happening, and if they do it’s a gay from a bar that will take you to one place (a shiti one bay the way) and will disappear

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
6th Nov 2018

Buen lugar, muy bien ubicado, el cuarto estaba cómodo y se sentía seguro, tanto para acceder al cuarto, como los roomies que tenía. Fue mi primer hostel pero me agrado, así que volvería sin duda.

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Nov 2018

Good value for money, spacious room with large locker space, clean, 2x USB and 2 plug sockets per guest in the room, staff helpful, centrally located, would stay there again.

2nd Nov 2018

This hostel had everything you need, is in a great location, close to BART station, with a very good breakfast.

Awesome! We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for staying at HI San Francisco Downtown Hostel! -Mike

• ashsutherland6122
  • New Zealand, Female, 25-30
2nd Nov 2018

Awesome hostel - amazing breakfast!!

Thank you! So happy to hear you loved our breakfast! -Mike

• pauloandrediasbastos015272
  • Portugal, Male, 18-24
1st Nov 2018

Great staff. Great facilities. Great environment and activities. The only drawback is the location, as downtown is not the nicest place in San Francisco. But if you want to stay in the heart of the city, HI San Francisco - Downtown is still highly recommended!

Thank you for your compliments on our staff and activities! While over the past few years I have seen some negative changes in our neighborhood, I am very confident that with some recent initiatives in our amazing city that the Downtown areas will see some much needed improvements. -Mike

• Germany, Female, 25-30
1st Nov 2018

I really loved it staying in this hostel !! They helped me with any questions I had and it was fun!! Breakfast was also good !! Totally worth it and the location is awesome ! I’ll definitely come next time to this hostel for sure !

Thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon! -Mike

• tillyjeanette
  • England, Female, 25-30
29th Oct 2018

Loved my room (shared female dorm) and it was right next to union square which made it perfect for travelling around. The Theatre room was also pretty cool to watch tv but was often used for people to talk than the actual use of it. Could do with some more promotion of their events for socialising, but I was more than happy with my stay here overall!!

Heya, I am happy to hear you loved your room and our location. I apologize if people were socializing in places you did not want to socialize and we failed to facilitate socializing. Ok yes, I am poking fun at you, but I understand what you are saying =). We have an almost entirely new team at our desk and I definitely agree we do have greater need for event promotion. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us overall! -Mike

×