Han Tang Inn Hostel

Superb 4109 Total Reviews

• Belgium, Female, 31-40
9th Sep 2018
6.6

I’m not so happy, I needed to change a hostel because of a problem with the room they put me in their “sister house “ WiFi didn’t work half of the time, the stuff are nice and it’s not their fault but when you compare with other hostels than I don’t think I will recommend this one.

Serousely speaking, we don't know how to express our apologies after reading the comment, so upset to give you the inconvenience and make you feel bad, but please believe that it is really appreciated your feedback on the real feelings after your stay, which tells us that there are still many places needed to pay attention to and improve, especially for room arranging and customer experience. we are deeply aware that every guest who has booked Hantanginn has a great expectations on us, so the only thing we can do is caring you, helping you and keep our hostel as a home as well as a perfect place to be relax. Thank you all in all and sincerely hope to see you next time with a specialty-welcome coffee and excellent WIFI. Kind regards.

• denmp016254
  • England, Female, 41+
6th Sep 2018

Very friendly staff and good value for money

6th Sep 2018

We loved everything about this hostel! Fun place to hang out and make new friends. Great location to walk around the city. And the tour they provide to the terracotta warriors is amazing. We arrived by train at 8:30 and they arranged a separate car so we didn't miss out since we only had one day. Really went above and beyond. The tour guide (Lady Zsa Zsa?) was personable and knowledgeable, she made the tour fun and we learned so much more vs going on our own.

6th Sep 2018

Super friendly staff (!!) that man the front desk 24/7. Great rooftop area. Right in the heart of downtown Xi’an. Close to shops, the Muslim quarter, and the metro. Large lockers and in-dorm bathroom. My favorite hostel of my trip.

• lgrimley61443
  • USA, Female, 25-30
5th Sep 2018

I loved staying here! I was solo traveling and I appreciated that the staff were helpful and the hostel organized daily tours and activities giving me the opportunity to meet other travelers. I went on the Terracotta Warriors tour and loved it! Our guide Jai Jai (Lady Jai Jai) was friendly, knowledgeable, and a joy to be around for the day. I would definitely recommend this tour!

• ahsansshafiq109
  • Pakistan, Male, 31-40
5th Sep 2018

I have stayed 1 night at Han Tang Inn and 1 at Han Tang House... Both are related / close by each other and I would recommend staying here any given day. I would also recommend to take a tour with Lady ZhaZha, an interesting personality, funny and enthusiastic. Both places are close to the Bell Tower & Muslim Quarter and a literally 10 min walk to the Xian city wall South gate. In the end, managed by an all girls team and a cat... So more power to women! Cat wasn't a female though... :/

• Switzerland, Couple, 18-24
2nd Sep 2018
7.7

Good hostel. The dorms are fairly small though. It gets pretty tight if there are actually 6 people in the 6 bed dorm. Cleanliness was good, staff helpful. We did the terracotta army tour, although lady Jayjay (Guide) was great, I wouldn't recommend the tour. It's very easy to do it yourself, and would cost a fraction of what the tour costs. All signs are in English. It's faster to take the metro than the tour bus. (Traffic) Tour + mandatory lunch ~ RMB400 P.p Do it yourself: ~ RMB100 P.p

hi, how's going? we are very glad to receive your comment after two days-stay, that would be useful and make us feel appreiated ,thank you. As you know, Hnatnginn has been opened for 11years, whose goal is always regarding customers as friends, giving them the best and the most adopted services and advices, only hope you guys can have a membered experience in Xi'an and our hostel, as the tours you join, honestly speaking, including entrance tickets, English tour guide, private transportation, a cup of coffee/tea or beer as well as the earphone, which has been ran for 9years and been highly recommened, and as you said, you can also go by yourselves,we will show you on the free city map and some other places of interests you definitely need to go. Overall, sorry for any inconvenience, but gratefully thank you for your suggestions and feedback, we will strive our best to improve. Best wishes from hantanginn family. Don't forget to mail us back about any problems in China.

• rhyschandler17
  • Wales, Male, 18-24
2nd Sep 2018

Good location, great staff, comfortable decor/atmosphere. The stay at the hostel was made good by the very helpful and knowledgeable staff. They were able to answer any questions, give recommendations, suggest places to eat etc. Small downsides were, the rooms were a little small (regular for a cheap hostel), the AC fan made a knocking sound on full power (not a problem if you switch it down and so tired you’ll sleep through anything (just my room?), and the toilet/room smelled bad/sweaty.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Aug 2018

Great location, helpful staff and clean rooms! The Terracotta Army tour was great - the tour guide, Lady JiaJia, was very friendly and knowledgeable!

30th Aug 2018

Great place. Did not like the shower situation (no curtain, but private). I really like the Terracotta Warriors excursion, though we got roped into a lunch that was okay, but not included in the price. The environment was good for socializing and the food was tasty.

×