Heart Of Amsterdam

Good 2392 Total Reviews

• snowdaytyharjra1212
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

Was okay for the price we paid. The room only had half of its lights so it was pretty dark all the time. A few things needed to be fixed and we told them and they were fixed immediately and they even offered us a new room. Had a great view of the street. The location was great it was in the center of everything. We managed to walk to all of the sights. It was a nice hostel for the 3 days we stayed and the facility was good. Would stay at this location again.

• Sierraquigg8085
  • USA, Female, 25-30
2nd Jul 2018
4.3

The upside was that the staff was helpful and friendly and the location was great. WiFi did work but not good. Other than that everything else was just gross. The rooms were tiny and fit as many beds as possible, the bathrooms were disgusting and smelled of mold. No a/c and no air flow throughout the building so you felt as if you were in a dirty hot box suana. The beds were uncomfortable and mine had a big dent in the center. I will never come back or recommend this to anyone. Small lockers.

• vichymint2367
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
2nd Jul 2018
5.7

We stayed in an 8 man dorm in summer and didn’t sleep for 3 nights because the room was so hot with no air con!!!

• Johnsriley8593
  • USA, Male, 18-24
28th Jun 2018
4.6

The "Heart of Amsterdam" is a euphemism for a location in the middle of the red light district. As such, the other rooms, ambiance, etc. are all more reminiscent of a brothel than a well run hostel. I would not stay here again, and certainly not for the amount of money I spent here.

• saifullah87279
  • Pakistan, Male, 25-30
25th Jun 2018

It was my first time in a hostel and it went great. The hostel is in a great location and is in the center of Amsterdam so all the places worth a visit are within walking distance. The staff were really friendly and there is always someone on the reception to help you. I needed help with the locker key and the guy at reception quickly went with me to the room to assist me with the locker. The beds were small but probably more comfortable than my bed at my home.

• nicolaswrigglesworth2810
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
19th Jun 2018
4.3

Beds are bad, theirs bugs, no ac. Overall would never come back

18th Jun 2018
6.9

The hostel is smack in the middle of the red light district. Staff was super nice, and helpful. Always willing to help, and they were never rude. There was not to much to the hostel, but I did not really explore it. It was definitely the most expensive hostel on my trip. Even more expensive than my hostel in London. The London hostel has way more to do, and is much nicer. I feel like I did not get my money’s worth at this hostel.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Jun 2018
8.0

This hostel just does the job. Very clean, cleaners come in everyday. We were very lucky to get on with people in our dorm as there is no real social space. Location is amazing, walking distance from everywhere.

• madigood98354
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Jun 2018
4.9

Staff was not very helpful with recommendations for the city. Right in the middle of the red light district, so can be kind of sketchy at night. Room was dark and dingy. Shower was not cleaned as we found a giant hair clump in the middle of it. Anyone can just walk in the place.

• cpmaca6449
  • Ireland, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2018

Very helpful staff, great location! Showers dark however manageable Central and in a good area Would recommend

×