Heart of Gold Hostel

8.8
Fabulous 6504 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
9th Nov 2018

Amazing environment, great location and friendly staff :)

• England, Male, 18-24
8th Nov 2018

Fantastic hostel in a very central location, everything I needed was within walking distance. Really clean and really well managed. The bar had a nice atmosphere, almost always had people who were up for sharing a beer and socialising. Rooms were very clean, never had an issue waiting for the shower/toilet as there always seemed to be one free for me. Will definitely be returning to this hostel next time I’m in Berlin!

7th Nov 2018

Nice thematic hostel. Nice value for the money and helpful staff that spoke perfect English and communicated instructions clearly. There's not a lot of bathrooms but I never had any issues finding a free one. Beds are ok but noisy (As usual in hostels). The bar in the first floor is nice but in my stay people didn't talked to each other. Coffee on demand is great.

• danielweinberger8506
  • USA, Male, 31-40
7th Nov 2018

Great place to stay. But not the most social hostel I've been at. Still, can't beat it regarding value or facilities.

• p17karant6335
  • India, Male, 25-30
5.4

Not a good experience. The elevator was not working, the rooms smelled of sweat and the kitchens were closed at 11. Also the staff seemed a bit rude.

• mattjalittle6196
  • New Zealand, Male, 18-24
2nd Nov 2018
8.0

Decent hostel, had everything you needed and good location!

• arielmgrayson5808
  • USA, Female, 18-24
31st Oct 2018

Great hostel with excellent staff. Exceeded all expectations I had and would definitely stay there again the next time I’m in Berlin!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
30th Oct 2018

Well located, clean, and comfy, I enjoyed my stay there. More importantly, it was quiet at night and the showers were individuals (you have actually have a huge bathroom for yourself because you can use the whole room) which was a huge unexpected plus! It's up to you to approach fellow travellers in the common area, there aren't really any organized events, but the space is welcoming enough and I've talked to a few people during breakfast. Overall, would stay at again and recommend!

29th Oct 2018

There was a great atmosphere to this place and it was in a good location in former east Berlin not far from the hipster coffee shops and restaurants. There was no kitchen that I found, which is disappointing, but it seems many hostels in Berlin are like this. I had no problem getting access to the bathroom or shower.

• isaacsa3981
  • USA, Female, 18-24
27th Oct 2018

Overall this was a fine hostel. I slept in the megadorm but did not feel unsafe at any point. I personally had the world's squeakiest bed but I don't believe other people had this issue. My card stopped working twice in three days, and I am unsure again if this is a recurring problem, but staff were able to fix it without much hassle. I managed to lose my transport pass and they offered to send it to me, so I would call that pretty nice!

×