Home at The Mansion

Fabulous 2326 Total Reviews

• salvowatson5599
  • Australia, Male, 41+
9th Nov 2018

Home @ the Mansion is a grand place to stay! The staff are helpful. The location is brilliant - close to parks and very convenient but not too noisy. The common areas are adequate: kitchen, dining, laundry & small lounges. There is also a bar. I only stayed here one night, but I'll be back. In my view it is the heritage building which makes this hostel stand out. It's the best of the seven I've stayed in Melbourne.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
1st Nov 2018
7.4

Great location in the free tram zone. Sadly the mattress was really uncomfortable so I changed hostels after a few nights.

• chriskwoktk6153
  • Hong Kong, Male, 31-40
25th Oct 2018

Locker is only enough for small bags and important personal belongings, backpacks cannot fit in. Showers are spacious. Close to main road, a bit noisy at night.

• Tom_app_mi66676
  • England, Male, 25-30
28th Sep 2018
7.1

Was decent enough. Wouldn’t stay forever, good location. Staff are sound! Showers weren’t the bet, and the common areas are tiny. Bit of a shame really!

• gmunsterman1108
  • USA, Male, 41+
18th Sep 2018
4.9

Security sucked. You don't expect clothing to be taken from a lock room - but it happened to me. Kind of hard to confront bunk mates & feel secure about balance of stay. I guess someone was cold, fortunately it warmed up & I piled on other layers. Part of the problem, confirmed by people staying there is a lot of the residents are living there, which creates a different vibe for those of us next passing thru. If u r like me in the later group, I would advise other accommodation.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
7th Sep 2018

Super super clean. Bathrooms always available. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, enough space in rooms, beds comfortable, showers great, kitchen well equipped. Other guests not super friendly as they're mostly long term stayers apparently. But still, overall a really good hostel.

31st Aug 2018

Had a good stay! Bathrooms were large and mostly clean. The room wasn't as clean. There were some garbage inside my locker.

• England, Male, 25-30
21st Aug 2018

The place was cool and the staff were really nice. During winter its FREEZING in there and the matrices are terrible, I could count the springs with my spine. The beds were flimsy and I could feel the person below scratching themselves. The lockers are tiny and awkward. Its a really nice place and you get what you pay for, but it definitely needs love in the rooms department. New beds and bigger lockers would be ideal. The toilets were really well kept and the overall place is cleaned regularl

16th Aug 2018

I really liked the location, and the staff were so nice. The bathrooms were kept clean and there was a communal hairdryer and hair straightener. One thing that I hated was the creaky floors - you can’t help but wake up everyone in the room when you walk around!

• phoebewegmann830
  • USA, Female, 18-24
25th Jul 2018

I had an excellent time at Home at the Mansion. Rich, Andy, and Merten were excellent at reception and super helpful with making my time in Melbourne worthwhile. Ben helped me carry my bags to my room and offered helpful tips for my stay. The bar attached, Victoria Secret, was a great addition to my stay, offering discounts on drinks and a community feel to the hostel. I can’t wait to come back to visit.

×