Hostal Chawi

8.0
Fabulous 216 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Sep 2018

Really loved my stay at Hostal Chawi a few weeks back. I was a solo traveller and the owner gave me all the details I needed for my stay there especially regarding the hikes I was keen to do! Set in a great location just outside of town. Although breakfast isn't always available, if you get the chance take it! It's absolutely delicious.

Thanks for staying at Chawi and for reviewing. Have fun in your travels and enjoy Bolivia!

• Scotland, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Jul 2018
5.4

Very basic hostel in a beautiful location. Lots of potential to be really good. Easy wLk into town and host very helpful with local information. Recommend Carlas garden for food and drinks.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
4.6

The most expensive hostel in the town I'm sure. Weird vibes, the staff were very strict with unusual rules. Definitely beautiful views but that was the only positive. I left before I was due to check out as it just was not worth the money and effort dealing with the staff. Breakfast is not included although was indicated otherwise prior to my booking. There are other hostels in the city for 30Bs a night, not 85 like here.

7.4

Very clean, the best showers in South America. Charlie was very informative about what to do in the area. We decided not to extend our trip here as the staff were quite like strict relatives, with lots of rules in place, and were inflexible at times. Unfortunate, as this place has lots of potential.

• New Zealand, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
5.7

I am extremely confused by this hostel!! The lady who owns it is extremely unfriendly, enforcing all sorts of arbitrary rules. Everyone staying ended up feeling so uncomfortable and unwelcome that everyone checked out the next day (some even checking out early despite having paid a non refundable deposit). There are so many hostel options in town for much much cheaper and nicer that I wouldn’t bother with this hostel. Also, breakfast is not included and only sporadically available..

Hello there, well every Hostel has it rules and WE ARE NOT A PARTY HOSTEL! if you guys wanna drinck and be loud all night disturbing other clients, we feel not only in the right to say something, but we have the responsibility to make that clear taking care of the other guests. Not everyone left, only the ones that where drinking (and being doped... are you seriuos guys??!) Even though, thanks for comment and hope you enjoy Bolivia!

• USA, Female, 31-40
26th May 2018

My friend and I stayed at Hostal Chawi this past weekend and thought it was great. The dorm room and bathrooms were clean and the optional breakfast was delicious! Charlie, the manager was super helpful, kind and informative about the surrounding area. We really appreciated the hospitality!

×