Hostel AVA

Very Good 707 Total Reviews

• thomepayne6382
  • USA, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2017

We only met one staff member (can't remember his name! Sorry dude), but he was an amazing professional who clearly cared about our stay and our comfort. The mattresses and linens, however, were less than comfortable. (Mattresses were basically springs.) But all told, the AVA Hostel is a decent choice. The location is amazing; close to everything. The rec room on the top floor was very cool. Kitchen is tiny, but it works. I recommend if you're on a budget — maybe bring extra blankets for padding?

• mubdiul11
  • Bangladesh, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2017
7.4

Great location

27th Oct 2017
4.6

I've NEVER written reviews but...I wouldnot recommend anyone staying here unless they were absolutely desperate. Rooms were okay if I'm being nice, bathrooms were absolutely terrible and always smelled like sewage. The only upside was the location and somewhat nice man at the reception.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Oct 2017
4.3

DO NOT STAY HERE. Absolutely terrible. Waited 15 mins outside because the staff 'went to the shops' - even though I had prior confirmed my check-in time (3:00pm!). No lockers whatsoever, so poor security. Bed linen so old and thin the sheets were almost worn through. Bathrooms stunk so bad and covered in cobwebs. Everything so dirty. Crappy wifi. Mattress so thin I woke up with small bruises on my hips from the springs on the base. I could go on... Checked out one day early and went to a hotel.

8.0

There weren't many people during my stay, and hostel looked almost dead. I really liked the location - it's 5 minutes walk from the centre, 10 minutes walk from bus stations and there's also really nice vegan cafe just around the corner. Currently hostel doesn't have any common place, and that's bad :( also, there are couple of showers in one big bathroom but no doors to lock yourself in which was bit strange for me. But nothing bad happened :)

7.1

This hostel is in an excellent location, right in the city center close to all the major city sights. The facilities were the major negatives: poor WiFi, run down building, no proper kitchen or common room, very uncomfortable mattresses. It was nice and quiet though which we appreciated. We'd probably try a different spot if we came back.

26th Oct 2017

A very lumpy-feeling mattress due to a lack of padding on top of the springs. Cleanliness seemed good to me, although the toilet rooms stunk for some reason. The interior of the building could use some renovation to make it more homey. Certainly not a bells-n-whistles sort of place, but I'd be happy to go back. An excellent location and outstanding people! Also, the receptionist (Lukash?) was a blast to hang out with!

• India, Male, 25-30
21st Oct 2017
6.3

The linen was dirty with dust and hair. There is not a single tap for getting drinking water and it is expected of us to clean utensils, fetch drinking water as well from a public bathroom. I think you can do better in this regard. I must mention, location is the achiever in this hostel.

• Belarus, Female, 25-30
15th Oct 2017

Perfect location in the city center! Spent one night here, everything was fine.

• borsoimatteo1564