Hostel Gallo d'Oro

Superb 2908 Total Reviews

• yehudafogel19140
  • USA, Male, 18-24
9th Jan 2018

It was a really nice place to stay, it was our first hostel and it was a great experience! Big breakfast, and they put out some food for dinner and snacks, theres always tea and coffee available. Although things are a little quiet here, everyone is very friendly and nice! Rooms can be very warm at night, but you can open a window. The staff was very nice and took care of us. Great location, walkable to everything in Florence.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2018

Super great place! So much food and a great atmosphere. They even have a separate "female wing" for girls who do not want to stay with strange guys. Only problem was the hot water tank was small, so during peak shower times it was hard to get a hot shower.

• hoconnor9269
  • USA, Female, 18-24
6th Jan 2018

I was so impressed with this hostel! It was well worth every penny. They offer breakfast and dinner!! They also allow access to water, tea, coffee, and some snacks all day long! It was a 15 minute walk from the city center- but it wasn’t bad at all- and a 20 minute walk from the train station. The bathrooms were cleaned and re-stocked daily keeping the entire place clean and orderly. I would suggest showering early in the morning or middle of the day if you want hot water though.

6th Jan 2018

Hostel was very comfortable, staff very helpful and friendly, rooms were good and clean, coffee was well served. I would recommend as a chill host, but maybe not the best for solo travelers who want to meet new people.

28th Dec 2017
8.0

Bathroom was a little hard as there were only two for the whole hostel, and they are coed. Normally I’m fine with the coed, but the showers had a opaque glass in front, making it a little awkward. Staff was great, and there was always free food! Besides the bathroom, it was a great place to stay, and a close walk to all the sights!

23rd Dec 2017
8.0

Great location and well-tended facilities. There's free food every day! A lot of free food, and it's good too! Everything was clean. While some people have complained about the bathrooms and showers (there are only 2 of each) I never had a problem and had VERY hot water each time I took a shower. There wasn't a lot of socializing, but that could have been since I was there over Christmas. I would definitely recommend!

• linkijiang8449
  • China, Female, 25-30
21st Dec 2017
8.0

Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed

• India, Male, 25-30
19th Dec 2017

I stayed for 2 days and I had a great time at this place. One of the best places I have lived in so far. I found staff to be polite and helpful. Before travelling to ROME I met amazing people here particularly EMILY from US. I wish I could meet these people again. If they are reading this, look me up by name Bhushan and my place in Europe which you already know.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2017

Amazing facilities that were new and very clean. Free breakfast and dinner, which included some healthy options such as salads, nuts and 24/7 access to fresh fruit. I hardly ever had to buy food during my stay in Florence. Amazing WiFi that was incredibly fast in the rooms and common areas. Would 10/10 recommend. Also it just smelt nice everywhere.

17th Dec 2017
6.0

This hostel was extremely disappointing. The reviews I read were misleading. The showers only had freezing cold water and the atmosphere was cold and unwelcoming. The staff didn't go out of their way to be helpful or welcome guests. Staff was cleaning every morning around 9 am making it difficult to get ready in the already shared toilet and facilities. One positive was the nutella tub that they provide with breakfast.

×