Hostel Manuela

7.6
Very Good 449 Total Reviews

16th Sep 2017
4.6

Not sure I would even call this a hostel. More like a house where you can rent a bed. No staff introduction to the city with maps, just met someone who took the money in exchange for a key then left. The facilities were fine but the bedroom was dark, dingy and not very clean. It lacked all the atmospheric and social aspects associated with a youth hostel.

• brromkose5859
26th Aug 2017

Nothing to complain about. Good for a couple nights. There wasn't much going on in the place but it was quiet so would be nice for those looking to get some rest. It didn't really seem like a hostel - more like private rooms shared by multiple strangers. Was given keys for the room we stayed in which made us feel at ease with our stuff while we were out and the other guys who had access to the room didn't seem too bad so that was okay. Has an oven so was good for ready made meals.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
23rd Aug 2017

Great location, very close to the city center. The only downside to this hostel is there is very limited common spaces and the bunks are too short to even sit on your bed if you are on the lower bunk. The one kitchen is super small with barely any seating and there is a table on the rooftop but there is no shelter from the blazing hot sun up there. Besides that, it was good value for the money, the two staff were super nice and accommodating.

18th Aug 2017

Spectacular location, just far enough away to be affordable, but close to everything. Cool street it's on too! 1/2 showers was fantastic, other was okay. Guy downstairs was nice, didn't see him much though. Great rooftop, but watch your knees! Everyone staying at the hostel one night was up there, very fun experience. They have air con in the rooms!

18th Aug 2017

I cannot recommend enough! Unfortunately on my last day, I seriously injured my foot. Realising the extent of my injury, Manuela's husband Paul offered to drive me all the way to the airport and he even bought me a burek for dinner - neither of which he charged me for in the end! Such a kind pair who went above and beyond for their guests. Aside from that the atmosphere was always great and it has everything you need! Thank you Manuela and Paul for your kindness and generosity 😊

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2017
6.3

We arrived very late from a night bus and the staff were accomodating and let us in. The beds were quite comfy but very creaky so the room was really noisy at night. Didnt stay for long so unsure what the atmosphere was like but some others in the hostel seemed to really enjoy it!

• England, Couple, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

Like your own little apartment, Manuela was the most lovely host and her brother in law were so helpful with everything, from letting us leave our bags there to washing to cleaning up after us, thank you so much!

• Spain, Female, 25-30
14th Aug 2017
2.9

I spent one night in this "hostel" (if we can be called hostel). It is a very dirty flat with small uncleaned rooms, unhygienic toilets and nasty kitchen. In addition, the smell in the whole flat is disgusting. The location was not bad, but you can find better places (even a tent would be better).

• michanne001
  • Netherlands, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2017

Hostel is alright, only 12 beds in total in the main building. As a result it is pretty quiet. It is very close to the old town and port, and easy to get around. The rooftop is indeed very nice. The common area/kitchen is very small for 12 people, and cooking took forever. Other than that I had a good stay in the hostel

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
11th Aug 2017
5.4

There is no reception and Manuela wasn't there so after asking guests what to do, I had to email and a random guy who didn't speak much English arrived to give me keys. The bed sheets didn't look very clean and there was no towels or lockers. The shower was right next to the tiny kitchen so it was awkward going down whilst people were drinking and eating. I understand it's a small hostel but maybe if someone who spoke English had been there to let me in I would've felt more comfortable.

×