Hostel Van Gogh

Fabulous 5731 Total Reviews
Fabulous 5731 Total Reviews

15th Jul 2018
6.3

Hostel is combined with a hotel and appeared to be a converted hotel room. Because of this the bathroom in the room was amazing. Most staff were good, one staff member was rude and seemed too busy to deal with guests, and was arguing with his own staff. Location was great right beside a tram stop. Atmosphere was very sterile, with no common area that people could interact in. It is what you expect of a hotel, not a hostel.

• azurin_az3874
  • Philippines, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2018
6.3

It was a good location because you can just walk around to any destination you are trying to go to! Although I was very quite disappointed when my cousin and I were awaken by bugs on our bed and they didn’t do anything about it. I tried to email them but their email isn’t working. That was very disappointing and upsetting. It ruin my stay there. Left right away since we couldn’t sleep anymore due to that incident.

13th Jul 2018
6.6

What a thief! If you spect to charge 40 up to 60€ per night, better you have the best hostel not in town if not in the whole world. But not, old standard hostel without a kitchen. Not even free breakfast for that money? A rip off I’ve stayed in cheaper hostels other times. Bad places too but at least cheap

• edwinmarr983773
  • England, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2018
6.0

This was a good place to stay, situated by the museum plaza but not entirely central, it was relatively enjoyable; the staff were fairly nice, the property looked nice. However, the safe’s show your passcode after you open and close the safe door, so anyone can see it, which is risky. The beds were not comfortable and my legs splayed out (I’m 5’9/10) and the bathroom smelt absolutely awful. Overall I would stay here again but for much less money.

• Hungary, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2018

Really great location and nice place. Breakfast is good. Staff really friendly, helpful and good with English. Room is small, but cosy and tidy. All beds have a separate safe for valuables, only problem is the bathroom (more likely the lack of them). One for 4 is not enough and as far I could see there is no other option than the one in the room (I didn't asked for it tho). Still would recommend if you plan only to sleep there anyway.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Jul 2018

The location of the hostel is perfect, especially for museums but also to reach the other districts and walking distance to the centre. The room was clean and comfy beds but the sink was very smelly. Apart from that, great.

8.0

Very clean hostel. Comfortable beds. Close to a few very nice restaurants and trams. Staff was great BUT for one guy the day I needed to check out and store my luggage was so rude and annoyed and almost condescending. Ruined my otherwise happy stay here.

10th Jul 2018
6.9

I was immediately put off by how rude the man who checked me in was. He was very dismissive of my questions—I believe he is the owner. It’s nice sharing a bathroom with only 6 people instead of an entire floor.The beds were more uncomfortable than I’ve experienced at other hostels. Close to the art museums + about a 20-30 minute walk to the red light district (can get there more quickly by metro but walk and look around!!!) You can get a better deal at some hostels closer to the city center.

• sachabloch
  • Northern Ireland, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2018

Really loved this hostel. Travelling as a group of 4 girls and was a really nice, safe atmosphere. So close to the centre and all the museums and to nightlife so get the best of everything. Would 100% return

• emilyrfox1254
  • USA, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2018

The rooms were beautiful but the beds were too close for comfort. I was in a room with 6 girls and one bathroom which was difficult. Staff wasn't that friendly. My key wouldn't work after one time use so I had to keep getting a new key Everytime I came in. It was definitely a nice place but I probably wouldn't stay there again in a group dorm.

×